PLEASE READ - About the Banners

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,
It's time to address the banner situation on the forum since I have received a few PM's about them. There are a couple of things that happen in the background depending if you are a member of the forum or not.

Logged in Members:
You only see the paid sponsor banners at the top and the bottom of the forum, they randomly rotate with every click. They really do not block or make the site perform less in any way. The sponsors are the main reason this forum exists, without them I could not afford this site out of my own pocket. The $12 per month hosting thing went away years ago :lol: We are on a dedicated server with maintenance plans and what not.

In each topic under the Very first post and at the bottom of the topic is a "Google" banner. These are put there obviously to make a little money if you the member decide to click on them. Again it might be a nuisance to some of you, but it makes a few cents (very few cents to be honest) and it helps to pay and maintain the site.

Non Members and Members not logged into the forum:
You see the same thing as above, but you also see 3 big Google banners at the top and bottom of the forum and one near the Boat mods section. This is done for two reasons. Obviously for you to click on, but more importantly to gently encourage you to join, and those banners go away.

There it is, I have nothing to hide and no hidden agenda. Join the forum, you get 3 less banners plain and simple. Clicking on the Google banners brings a few bucks monthly to the site. I am not asking you to click on them all the time.
Trust me when I tell you I will not be retiring from this TinBoats Empire that we have built. :LOL2:

Jim

Jim, I noticed recently that it seemed to be taking longer to load pages on the forum than what I had become accustomed to. Then yesterday my anti virus software throws up a little popup menu that says my browser (mozilla firefox) needed an update. I was busy with something else so I decided to just let it do it's thing. I clicked on the button to let it update the browser and continued doing what I was before it showed up. After it finished with the update went to a few different sections of the forum and I was shocked at how fast the pages on the forum loaded. As fast or faster than they ever have on my system. So if people are complaining about loading times, it may be a problem with their system or their software and not the forum.

I agree that the site is rarely the problem.

I bought a Chromebook a few months ago. NO waiting for it to start up. NO waiting for most sites to load. Light and easy to place on my lap and type on a real keyboard ( not like a pad). No waiting for the computer to grind through ten programs before it allows me to do anything. No updates that take the computer down and I have to restart it. What a difference!

I own a "real" computer; a notebook; a Nexus Pad; a Nexus phone; and now the Chromebook. The Chromebook gets 90% of my attention every day.

richg99

Latest posts