Another Fallen Hero - Cancer Sucks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fool4fish1226

Reaction score
:USA1: Just need to vent - I just lost my last uncle. My Dad pasted a few years ago and my other uncles before that - my Dad and other uncles all die of heart attacks (The Georg curse) MY Uncle Jack was the oldest brother and had to barry all his younger siblings and then the cancer came - he gave it a good fight but ended up losing the battle the other day. RIP below is his obit - My cousin is going to run a marathon in his memory to raise money for cancer research - If anyone want to donate to a good cause the link is attached below. Again Cancer SUCKS :cry:

GEORG, John W. “Jack”, 76, Windber passed away August 22, 2015 at Forbes Hospice at West Penn Hospital, Pittsburgh after a 7 month battle with acute Myeloid Leukemia. Born March 29, 1939 in Krings. Son of William H. and Christiana (Thompson) Georg. Preceded in death by parents and brothers Paul, Richard and Robert Georg. Survived by loving wife of 48 years Mary L. (Brakat) Georg and these children; William Georg and Jill Polke, Windber; Christopher Georg, Windber; Angela wife of John Gorman, Huntersville, NC and Amanda wife of Chad Manippo, Windber. Grandchildren; Elle and TY Gorman and Gianna, Maggie and Marin Manippo. Brother of Patricia wife of Jay Johnson, Chillicothi, OH and Rosalie Georg, Stoystown. Also survived by sisters-in-law; Mary Georg, Stoystown; Pauline Bennett, Somerset and Pat Georg, FL and numerous nieces and nephews. John achieved the rank of Eagle Scout in 1956 and was a 1957 graduate of Forbes High School, Kantner. U.S. Army veteran, serving as an SP4, Support Command, Ft. Richardson, Alaska. Retired supervisor and former installation and repair technician, GTE, Johnstown. Jack was a volunteer at the Windber Community Building having helped at many events and functions. Also, former volunteer for the Windber Boys Jr. High Basketball Team and also was a statistician for the Windber Girls Basketball Team. Jack was a team manager for the GTE Special Olympics softball tournaments. Jack was a loving husband, father and grandfather who enjoyed fishing and especially enjoyed playing basketball at both the Windber and Hooversville Community Buildings and also at the Johnstown Christian School and the Garver YMCA, Roaring Spring where he met a group of seniors who played together for over 10 years. Jack participated in 3 on 3 Basketball tournaments as well as playing basketball in the PA and Delaware Senior Olympics. At Jack’s request there will be no viewing or visitation. Member of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church, Windber where funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. Reverend Roderick N. Soha, Pastor. Also, at Jack’s request please omit flowers and direct donations to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at: https://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/corps15/RunForJack . Arrangement by the William Kisiel Funeral Home, Windber.

https://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/corps15/RunForJack

If you do donate list your name and tin boats

RIP Jack.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know how you feel. I have gone through the same thing with my family. There was one heart attack but cancer has taken all of the men on my fathers side. The women live to their eighties and nineties but the men can't seem to make it to seventy. My father died at 52 years old. The problem in my family is that is is not one type of cancer that we have a problem with. You can be screened for 500 kinds and it will be the 501st that gets you. My doctor seems to be worried about my heart even though I don't have any symptoms of heart problems. I keep telling her that it is cancer we are looking for. I had a scare myself in 1996 with a hole that appeared on my lower back that I thought was cancer after all of the history with my family. After seeing a doctor I found out it was a Pilonidal Sinus. It was a simple fix but it scared me. I was told that I needed to get out of driving trucks or it may come back. Again, "Cancer Sucks".

Latest posts