Florida Residence/Members in the path of Erika

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasLoneStar56

Reaction score
I know there are numerous Florida residence/members on here that are in the path of Erika. Please just know our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours during this time. [-o< Any posts and updates would most certainly be appreciated.

Respectfully~~
Texas

just the normal torrential monsoon downpours here near Mickyland.
I am in a very sandy area. No flooding.
Orlando is pumping down some of its lakes to make room for the
storm drain overflow. No serious weather expected - just RAIN.

Other than that, we are just plain ole fat, dumb n happy !!! (( mostly fat n happy )) :LMFAO:

mucho gracious for your thoughts

Here in North Charleston SC we had a band come through between 5 and 8 AM that broke records for the most rainfall recorded in a day. This all happened in the course of three hours. It was raining between 1 and 2 inches per hour. It flooded places that normally don't flood. There is a mobile home park across the street from where I live and when I got off work today they still had air-boats, rafts and tin boats evacuating the occupants of the park. That side of the road is lower than the road and the storm drains were not large enough to drain the water from that side of the road fast enough. The road created a dam that then created a lake on their side. Water was still coming across the road when I came through. My side of the road drains into the Ashley River and I am probably about 10 to 15 feet above the river so my place didn't flood. I did have a lot of water come through my place but it was running downhill to the river faster than it could back up. I also have a large storm drainage ditch behind my place that did its job excellently. Usually it only trickles at a couple of inches but today you could tell there was probably 6 feet of water flowing through there at one point. It is about 8 feet deep and 20 feet wide.

I just looked up what the rainfall was for today in North Charleston SC. It rained 6.43 inches in three hours today. The total for the month of August is 11.22 inches. That is over half of the total for the month just today. We drowned a lot of frogs today.

Wow! Brother, that's a lot of rain! :shock:

Thanks for posting the updates. I saw earlier where the Carolina's were getting hit pretty hard with torrential rainfall and flooding. Glad you're house is above the river far enough not to flood. Prayers for those that are across the road. Please, do keep us posted.

Latest posts