Ugly Tub

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
On my daily browse through the boat listings on Craig's List I came across this boat. I see it or one like it almost every time I look at boats on C'sL. My reaction is always the same, "no wonder it's for sale", "jeeze is that thing ugly", "that thing looks like a deformed orca, only uglier", etc. After doing absolutely no research into the topic I'm going to give this a 9 on my scale of "kind of ugly" at 1 and "pretty dang ugly" at 10. I'd give a worse score but as I say, without having done any research it's likely there's something even worse out there. One thing's sure, I'd hate to be out on that thing and have a pod of orcas come along. They'd surely give it the beating it deserves. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this was designed by a committee - of designers!

here's another possible design inspiration source

I like the lines, I just don't like the black. It would look a lot better with a different color. Green or Grey, would look pretty solid.

Maybe it looks better....................below the waterline.

Roger

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! :lol:
I often wondered why anyone would buy a AMC Gremlin, but people did!

It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Do a bing image search for ugly boats and then beautiful boats and some of the same boats come up. I prefer classic lines on a boat, needs to be functional, no weird colors, white is always good. But if the motor don't run right, you are gonna hate it no matter how pretty it is.
Tim

I like the looks of it, but I think it is a completely useless boat unless you want something to cruise around in and that's it. Imagine trying to haul in a Tuna or even a Striped bass off it? :lol: