Thought I would Introduce myself (pics added on pg2)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowWalker

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Cory and I live just south of Chicago. I was directed here by one of the members on the chicagoland fishing forum when I posted about the boat I recently bought.

I bought a 1980 15 foot Bass Tracker flat bottom Jon, Trailer, and what I was told is a 1960 20hp Johnson. Paid 900 for the whole deal, and it is going to be my winter project. While most of you are turning your boats into bass boats, Mine is going to be turned into a bowfishing rig. Right now it has no seats and the floors have seen better days.

I have already gotten a ton of ideas from just browsing, and I am amazed at some of the boats you guys have created. I look forward to starting this project, and I think with the help from this forum, it will be very enjoyable.

I don't think so. I don't know if I am going to have the room to do it since I plan on having a generator to power 5 or 6 lights on the front deck. I'll post pictures of how the boat is now when I get home from work. Also, I am going to grab the numbers off the motor and see if I can get a for sure year and model of the outboard, as there are no stickers on it.

We just rough it in my 1448 hunting rig and stand on the seats. I had a boat wake hit me at full draw this spring and throw me into the bottom of the boat. :shock: Luckily, I had the presence of mind to go ahead and release when I lost balance. That could have gotten ugly in a hurry.

If I did more of it, I would build a removable deck of some sort.

ShadowWalker said:
...on the chicagoland fishing forum when I posted...

Chicagolandfishing.com or chitown-angler.com? I know a lot of guys that use both. I use the Chitown site more frequently. Seems the chicagoland one drags for me. I'm north of Chigao in Zion.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
flounderhead59 said:
Chicagolandfishing.com or chitown-angler.com? I know a lot of guys that use both. I use the Chitown site more frequently. Seems the chicagoland one drags for me. I'm north of Chigao in Zion.
Chicagolandfishing.com. RonB was the one who told me to venture this way. I like it there because there are quite a few people who post that live or fish frequently by me in Joliet/Channahon/Shorewood. Also the Bowfishing Association of Illinois has its forum hosted there.

I have some pictures of the boat and motor finally.

oruf5s.jpg

10e1sh3.jpg

No clue what size or year the motor is. I know its a johnson and was told it was 20 horse, but the cover has no stickers. I need to do some digging.
mbp9y0.jpg

Edit-I found out it is a 1967 20hp Johnson.

Welcome to the site. If you need pics of bow fishing rigs or setups.... The hunting forum I'm on has alot of guys who bowfish.

ILLINOIS REPRESENT!!!!

let me know if you ever want to wade fish the Dupe in the Shorewood area.