Skin Tags ... OUCH

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HANGEYE

Reaction score
I had a skin tag on the side of my head, just behind my ear. I wear glasses and that thing was getting irritating. I have had them before and removed them by yanking them off. Just get a hold of it and pull straight off at a 90 degree angle from your body with a quick yank, like removing a band aid. Well, I got ahold of the one behind my ear and gave it the old heave ho. I found out that when you can't see what you are doing, that 90 degree angle can be off a bit. I must have been closer to 30 degrees because not only did I remove the skin tag, I tore about a 1/4 inch of skin off with it. Not only did it sting, it bled like I pulled my whole ear off. The blood ran down my neck for quite a while. You would think my wife would be proud of the many ways I can ruin a shirt, but no.

Tie dental floss around it and let it die and fall off. Same concept as a rubber band around sheep balls.

X2 with Lugo - it works . . . . slow, but it works
also, half clip it with nail clippers to break the blood vessels
that feed it and it will die and drop off.

I have wanted to try that nail polish stuff called Tag Away
but will consult with my doctor first . . . as I have SEVERAL
large ones that are starting to annoy me.

LOL use hydrogen peroxide on fresh blood on clothes (before it dries).

Or...(horrors!) Go to your doctor and have him freeze it off with nitrogen. (He'll also use a spiderman bandaid if you ask.)

Roger

ouch! yeah, got to the doctor. i think you can buy little cans of liquid nitrogen over the counter, used for wart removal.

All good ideas and recommendations but, I was out in the middle of tim buck three working on one of my deer stands and it just got the best of me. I'm one of those people that put up with this sort of thing just so long and then I attack it with a vengeance. My wife has a tag line for me when I do these things, she just mutters "crude but effective". I won't pay someone else to do something I can do myself and I don't have the patience for slow cures if it can be dealt with quickly. My wife says that one day I will go too far and I'll pay the price. In my 63 years, I have learned where that line is, came close to it a few times and I know not to step over it. This is just a little nick in the bark and it will heel up just fine.

I had one on my upper cheek, it mostly was a bother because
it was in my line of vision.
I made a Dr. appt. to have it removed.
However after snow blowing the drive and walks in -5 degree temps
I noticed it was gone!
Canceled Dr. appt. =D>

Steve A W

Latest posts