95 days to go or should I say 10 now

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fool4fish1226

Reaction score
yep 95 days until retirement - just don't know what I gonna do - Trust me I have bunch of crap I need to catch up on - but what first? - I won't miss the job - trust me I am done - being a jailer for the last 26 years I have seen a lot - Even found my wife in jail - stop :LOL2: she worked there too - She retired about a year and half ago after almost 26 years - Any advise from others out there that are living the good life????????????????? :beer:

Welcome to the new life. With all the things my wife has come up with in the last year and a half, I considered going back to work full time just so I could get a day off. You worked for it and you earned it, now enjoy it. Congrats.

Congratulations!

Everyone is different, but I'd consider lining up some sort of part-time employment with flexible hours.

After a few years, you can kind of miss the responsibility and company of other folks working for a (relatively) common purpose. Also, the constant companionship of one's spouse can wear on both folks, or so I'm told. :roll:

I'd stay away from committees of volunteers doing charitable work. Getting something done on a committee is like pushing a string.

Keep your health, sense of humor, and set some moderately long-term goals.

Do well. =D>

Jim said:
Party time! Now we plan a TinBoats Southern Florida get together!

Happy for you, congrats!

94 =D> I am gonna keep this count down going until I reach the negatives

been working since I was 12 been on the books since 14 - I just wonder what sleeping in might feel like :shock:

Lucky you and congratulations! I actually quit my job of 26 years 2 months ago so I'm pretending to be retired (too young to really be retired) but I can tell you I found a ton of stuff that needs to be done and trying to mix in boating, golfing, biking with doing house/yard work seems to have left me with less time than when I was working! But I think with the weather getting cooler, getting stuck inside might make me change my mind unless I can find enough to do inside.

There's a fine line between torturing yourself and steeling yourself for the final sprint to the finish. I was recently going through some stuff and found my "short calendar" from my service days. I made a little sign that I could write how many days left with a grease pencil so it could be updated every day. Apparently I despaired at 494 days because that was the number of days remaining on the sign when I quit!

I've been retired for 16 months. Lots of people have lots of advice and you can take it or leave it as you wish. I don't have any advice but have learned some things.

#1 Retirement is awesome
#2 Working is for chumps
#3 I don't get out fishing nearly as often as I thought I would

I had thought when I retired it might be fun to keep a journal or blog (I hate that word - sounds like something coughed up) to record this entirely new period in my life. I soon realized there were some problems with the idea: a.) I was too lazy to do it and b.) my life wasn't interesting enough to merit keeping track of. Anyway, enough rambling. You're gonna make it to the other side where new expressions such as "he's only 70" will begin to enter your lexicon. Good luck.

LOL yes, "blog" sounds like something a cat coughed up.

I will reiterate again - the more retired you get, the less free time you will have.
My "first" retirement was when I retired from the US Navy @ 38 years old.
my "second" retirement was @62 to draw SS.
I guess my "final" retirement will come when I can no longer take care of myself
and someone has to tell me I have on mis-matched socks and my fly is open. LOL

The weather was nice the last 2 days so after spending most of the week priming/painting new shed siding panels I got out both days for a couple of hours of beach chair fishing in the boat. It's not easy trying to net a smallmouth while staying seated in your beach chair! :lol: Hopefully, this is what you'll have to look forward to in 90 something days!

Latest posts