Need more horsepower ...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I give.

What is that craft used for? I mean, EIGHT 250 hp engines...jeez.

and, at what point does the duplication of power, i.e. 2x50hp, 2x200hp, etc...stop being effective in creating speed?

Some hull limitation?

Kismet said:
OK, I give.

What is that craft used for? I mean, EIGHT 250 hp engines...jeez.

and, at what point does the duplication of power, i.e. 2x50hp, 2x200hp, etc...stop being effective in creating speed?

Some hull limitation?
That boat was used to smuggle drugs.

Kismet said:
OK, I give.

What is that craft used for? I mean, EIGHT 250 hp engines...jeez
Link = https://www.truthorfiction.com/drug-boat/

This boat is real and was built by Crompton Marine in the United Kingdom, a boat designer that specializes in high speed recreational boats.

The Daily Mail newspaper reported in 2007 that two of the partners in the company “were suspected of making secret cash deals on boats costing up to £350,000, each with eight 250-horsepower engines strapped to the back.”

According to the article, the boats are between 30ft and 60ft in overall boat length and can reach speeds of close to 60 knots [~69 mph], which could allow them to out-run law enforcement in pursuit. Because of the boat’s color and low profile it is difficult to be detected by radar and the naked eye.

These boats have eight 250 horse power outboards attached at their transom which is 4 times more that what is normally seen on recreational boats of that size and design. One Crompton Marine owner pleaded guilty to two money laundering schemes and another was charged with money laundering, tax evasion and drug trafficking.

Johnny said:
maybe if you moved the 24 truck batteries up forward,
maybe that would help.
also, it appears to me that the front half is a little over inflated.

I agree 100%!!!! Lol!!!!

DaleH said:
... she just doesn't seem to plane out OK. what am I doing wrong?

Looks like the engine setup would take care of how it planes. The 4 engines in the center are mounted lower than the 4 on the outsides. My guess is that it gets up and planes like a race boat and barely touches the water when empty. Fully loaded it should plane out real nice and be as stable as an I-beam. [-o< :wink: