I'm Home

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMixson

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I just got home from a vacation. Went to Winston-Salem NC for a few days with the girlfriend. We had a very good time. Weather was perfect. Went to see Old Salem on Tuesday and it was nice. Went to a couple of General Stores and a few antique shops. I ended up buying a Mink Stole at one shop. What am I going to do with a Mink Stole? Resell it if I can on e-bay. It is in excellent condition to be over 60 years old. The hides are very soft. It is made up of four minks with the heads, tails and feet included. There is only one little tiny scuff mark on one the noses of one mink as far as I can tell. I used to trap raccoon when I was young growing up and never kept any skins for myself. If I don't sell it I may end up separating them and hang them on my wall in my place.

Here are some pictures of the Mink Stole.

Attachments

• Mink 1.jpg
    Mink 1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Mink 2.jpg
    Mink 2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Mink 3.jpg
    Mink 3.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Mink 4.jpg
    Mink 4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Mink 5.jpg
    Mink 5.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Mink 6.jpg
    Mink 6.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 235
LOL LOL a little girl sees that thing and says . . .
mama, mama, that lady has a buncha rats wrapped around her neck !!!

well, according to Tom Oar of Yaak Valley, MT, a full mink pelt is worth about $400.00
so you better do your homework before listing it on line.
But, some identical stoles are listed for $40.00 on ebay.
and yes, it may be worth more separated than the whole thing.

Glad you had a nice vacation !!

Nice buy! I buy them when I see them and make them into what is called a "Canadian Cap" for my Fall/Winter-time muzzleloading shooting, reenacting or hunting. The fur trims the wool 4-piece cap sectionand the fur band can be pulled down over the ears. A very functional and WARM design!

They can be traced to the early 1700s, see example (not me shown, LOL!):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 226

Latest posts