Daiwa Viento

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a daiwa vient reel and i really really like it i was just wondering if anyone else had one and what they think about theirs.

I've got 2. These are by far my favorite reels. I sold all of my others (except for a Daiwa Alphas Ito)... I have mine spooled with 15# Triple Fish Fluorocarbon. I have yet to have one mess up - although they are kinda sluggish after 2 years with no cleaning. I want to send them out and get them super tuned when the off season comes around (like there is one).

I have my favorite matched with a 6'9" Kistler Helium LTA. It's so light I can fish it all day without getting tired. I mainly worm fish, so that's my most sensitive setup.

The other I have spooled with 30# Stren Super Braid on a 7' Powell Max rod. I use that one for jigs.

russ010 said:
I've got 2. These are by far my favorite reels. I sold all of my others (except for a Daiwa Alphas Ito)... I have mine spooled with 15# Triple Fish Fluorocarbon. I have yet to have one mess up - although they are kinda sluggish after 2 years with no cleaning. I want to send them out and get them super tuned when the off season comes around (like there is one).

I have my favorite matched with a 6'9" Kistler Helium LTA. It's so light I can fish it all day without getting tired. I mainly worm fish, so that's my most sensitive setup.

The other I have spooled with 30# Stren Super Braid on a 7' Powell Max rod. I use that one for jigs.

I have an alphas ITO too.....geat reel. Use it for my top water poppers! on a 6'6 GLX! Killer combo.

Jim said:
I have an alphas ITO too.....geat reel. Use it for my top water poppers! on a 6'6 GLX! Killer combo.

That's the exact same rod I have mine on. Have you tried it on any other rod and it worked? I usually only like using 7' rods, but I couldn't find one it would work on. I got the GLoomis as a last resort and it casts a mile now. I also can only use PLine Halo or Silverthread AN/40... those are the only lines that it casts well.

haven't tried braid - I use this rod for my spinnerbait and cranks...

JIM - where did you get your Viento's supertuned? I am going to break down and go ahead and send them off in sept because I'll be gone a few weeks on a cruise.

russ010 said:
Jim said:

That's the exact same rod I have mine on. Have you tried it on any other rod and it worked? I usually only like using 7' rods, but I couldn't find one it would work on. I got the GLoomis as a last resort and it casts a mile now. I also can only use PLine Halo or Silverthread AN/40... those are the only lines that it casts well.

haven't tried braid - I use this rod for my spinnerbait and cranks...

JIM - where did you get your Viento's supertuned? I am going to break down and go ahead and send them off in sept because I'll be gone a few weeks on a cruise.

His name is D.R., he is a member here but does not come around....ever! :x You can find him on TackleTour.
I did my scorpions myself with the carbon drag and ceramic bearings.

Latest posts