I DID IT!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
:LOL2:

For the first time in my life I cashed in on a Lifetime warranty product! :LOL2:

Many years ago I purchased a pair of Basspro Rehead wool socks that came with a lifetime warranty. These socks are AWESOME! :LOL2:

https://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Lifetime-Guarantee-AllPurpose-Socks-for-Men/product/34713/

Well, after many years of use, my big toe poked a hole through the front, and the very top started to come apart (where you pull them up from). :LOL2:

Needless to say I decided to return them to see if the warranty actually did work. Well it did, I was in and out of the Customer service section in 30 seconds with a brand new pair of nice and warm Wool BassPro socks.

I highly recommend them. :lol:

LOVE IT!
Eat your heart out on this one!!!!
I have a lifetime warranty for a car battery. They tried to get out of it, but the FTC said they will replace the battery for as long as I own the car! =D> They have been replacing the battery in my 66 Impala since the original battery was purchased in 1986, and I'm not about to get rid of the car!
Boy am I glad that I bought that particular battery for that car at that time! :D

overboard said:
LOVE IT!
Eat your heart out on this one!!!!
I have a lifetime warranty for a car battery. They tried to get out of it, but the FTC said they will replace the battery for as long as I own the car! =D> They have been replacing the battery in my 66 Impala since the original battery was purchased in 1986, and I'm not about to get rid of the car!
Boy am I glad that I bought that particular battery for that car at that time! :D
:LOL2: Fantastic!

Congratulations.

Only time I can remember trying to return for replacement was with a Pelican MityLite, a small pocket flashlight. I'd had it in a backpack for decades, and really only used it to find stuff in the tent at night, camping and such. Finally had to replace the batteries, and the threaded end cracked.

I located Pelican, identified the L.L. Bean store in downtown Chicago I'd purchased it from and sent it in. Darned if they didn't just ship a new one out, probably 30 years after the initial purchase.

I was amazed.

I saw a video one time of an older lady that had an 60's? model car and whenever she had to replace a part she went with the part with the lifetime warranty. I forget how many starters, mufflers, alternators, batteries and other items that have been replaced on her car under the warranty clause. It was like 5 or 6 of each and she only had to pay for the first one.

I'm reading between the lines here, all you guys are saying is that I only need to buy 6 more pairs of socks and I will never have to buy socks ever again. :LOL2:

I've turned in a few craftsman's wrenches....but it a pair of socks! I love it.
It always pays to go the extra nickel for the good stuff.
Going to start looking for the life time warranty

That's cool about the socks!
I remember the first time I took a Craftsman ratchet in for exchange. I went up to the counter and explained in great detail how it gradually stopped working correctly and was prepared to fill out some paperwork and show my drivers license and what not. The guy just handed me a new one. I said is that it? Do I need to sign something? Nope, have a nice day sir and I was smiling all the way back to the car. :D

Jim, now you have me thinking. I may have also bought a pair of socks with that warranty, I remember buying something like that but don't remember exactly what it was, might have to look if I have the warranty stashed somewhere! :lol:
AND: I'm still looking for those HOT PINK STRETCH PANTS, but I may have chucked them! :LOL2:

KMixson said:
I saw a video one time of an older lady that had an 60's? model car and whenever she had to replace a part she went with the part with the lifetime warranty. I forget how many starters, mufflers, alternators, batteries and other items that have been replaced on her car under the warranty clause. It was like 5 or 6 of each and she only had to pay for the first one.
I remember this too.

That is great on your socks.

I have a story, too. Just this last Sunday, I took an Academy H20 baitcasting reel back. It was about two years old. No receipt. It had started "grinding".

A few weeks before, I took it to a reel clean and repair shop nearby. Paid them $22.50 to do their job. The reel still didn't work properly. I had heard about Academy's "lifetime guarantee" but, seriously, went in expecting to buy some bearings.

No questions; no receipt; no nothing....manager comes up and says..."follow me".
Takes me to the case holding the reels; and hands me a new one. I asked if I could transfer the braid that I had on the old one to the new one...and He said...."go ahead" and to see him when I was done.

He had one of his associates take me to the front counter to arrange the free exchange. As it turns out, they no longer make my old reel. The new one costs more. No problem, full and free exchange!

Why would I buy any other reels from now on???

richg99

Congrats on your new socks, Jim!

Craftsman tools, thumbs up!

Snap-On tools, too! Pricey to buy, but lifetime warranty. I've put a few to the test and receive a brand new one every time.

I've cashed in on a few lifetime guarantees over the years. Most were tools from craftsman or snap-on like mentioned above, but I've also returned some automotive parts like water pumps, etc. But I recently refused to exchange a failed heater core for my truck that was guaranteed. The core only cost $44 + tax. Ford wants $1000 labor to replace this core because the whole dash has to come out to get access to the core. I did the work myself to save the labor charge. Well 3 years later and that 44 dollar core busted at the seams. #-o The last thing on my mind at that point was the $44, when I'm looking at 2 days worth of work to do all over again just because their core failed. [-X I don't want to have to do that job for a 3rd time so I went to a different auto parts supplier for this core. I may or may not do business with that particular chain in the future, but you can bet I won't be buying any more heater cores or related field items from them.

My family and I have cashed in on Bess Pro Lifetime socks many times. They have never questioned or even looked at them to see if they were worn out. Bass Pro Has changed the material in the socks a few times as the old ones contained a higher % of wool than the newer versions, but they're still a very good sock. When the weather gets down and cold it's all I wear. I also do some trapping and although Bass Pro makes some socks specifically to be used for waders an hip boots I use these "lifetime socks". They stay up on your feet very well unlike some socks that slip down and wind up around your toes. Highly Recommended, 2 thumbs up!

Here's one... I had a Craftsman hose-end sprayer. It got left on my driveway, and I ran over it with my car. So, I took it back to Sears, and showed them the broken pieces it turned into. I told them it was obviously defective, and need it replaced. They told me to go pick out another. FREE...I still like Craftsman products

Latest posts