Rtic coolers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of them but did a little searching this morning on them. Looks promising, but if you are going to have to "order" one instead of picking it up personally at some store, you might want to read the recent comments under this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCw7aOBmznM
My personal take is I don't want to have to bolt or lock down a cooler in the back of my truck for fear that someone is going to steal it every time I park my truck. Would I like to have a cooler that would keep ice that long? Of course I would, I just don't think it's worth the hassle of having to "guard" my cooler.

Same here. I need ice in a cooler for maybe 8 hours. I will stick to my igloo brand. I have had the same one for 21 years. No one will steal it..........

lovedr79 said:
Same here. I need ice in a cooler for maybe 8 hours. I will stick to my igloo brand. I have had the same one for 21 years. No one will steal it..........
Around here, the big chemical and fertilizer companies have been handing out YETI coolers like beads at Mardi Gras to the big farmers that buy tens of thousands of dollars worth of products from them each year. Now, a couple of years after they started this practice, we're constantly hearing of these coolers being stolen. Turns out the meth addicts have discovered they can get some easy quick cash for these high end coolers so even the the ones that are locking them down are suffering losses.

I use to have an old cooler in the back of my truck that almost always had a 12 pack or more in it during the summer. I knew a beer or two would disappear from time to time, (some kid taking them at night I suspected) but didn't really worry that much about it since it wasn't an every day thing. One night, the whole cooler left. :lol:

Jim, If you are cooler shopping, I am looking at Canyon coolers myself after looking at many of the other higher end coolers. Give them a look. I had narrowed my search down to a Brute Box 25 until I found the Canyon coolers. The Canyon 22 is probably what I will go with because of price and weight.

Latest posts