python hunt

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovedr79

Reaction score
I have heard about these and seen a few hunting show featuring this stuff. check it out.
https://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2016/1/26/61_pythons_caught_so_far_in_Florida_s_Python_Challenge_.html

LOL LOL how do you "hone your skills" to hunt a python ??
it is not sitting in a tree stand - it is bushwhacking through a wet jungle.
The real trick is to see IT before it sees YOU !! THERE lies the skill.
Oh, and it is not just the pythons that you have to watch out for, it is also
infested with the notorious cotton mouth moccasin, alligators, deep mud holes
that can swallow you whole before you can even yell for help, and a host of other
really bad and nasty bugs and skeeters that can put you in the hospital.
On one of the first sanctioned hunts, my brother and I suited up
and rode down to the registration area - - - seeing what kind of brush,
bogs, jungle and really bad stuff that had to be whacked through,
we decided to just sit in the truck and drink beer and watch these guys "from afar" LOL.

Pythons and alligators (and sometimes a cobra or two) are turning up
in peoples yards, swimming pools and garages all over Florida.
Of course our stupid governor still wants to build build and build more and more subdivisions
and shopping centers . . . so, we can expect to see even more of these invasive critters
where you would least expect them . . .

My favorite snake tool would be a short barrel 20ga pump or a Taurus Judge pistol. (or BOTH).
judge3.jpg

FL.jpg

:beer: Johnny - The swamp is my play ground :D I am very aware of all the critters out there. I spend lots of time in the glades and I still have never seen one while hunting. As far as honing my skills it would be gathering the needed equipment and getting used to using it. Plus it would be one off my bucket list :beer:

Just one of many pictured below

Attachments

• IMG_3642.JPG
    IMG_3642.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_3603.jpg
    IMG_3603.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 539
When I was doing "business" in south america in the 80 & 90's, we ate a lot of snakes. Boa's where the prime snake to eat as it had the best "flavor" of the different snakes.
The "Green Boa's" seemed to be the best of the snake meats, and no....it does NOT taste like chicken....lol
Cook the meat similar to fish meat, does not take long to barBQ on the grill, or frying in a pan. Marinate in lemon juice and seasoning salt to taste.

BTW, a simple machete was all we needed to kill said snakes, unless of the poisonous kind, then a simple long stick with knife attached to end and cut off top 4-6 inches of snake head....to get rid of the poison sack. Rarely did we use a firearm, more to "noise discipline" then anything else.

Latest posts