hydroponics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fool4fish1226

Reaction score
Anyone ever try deep water hydroponics - I think I am going to give it a go - I just ordered everything I need to do a 18 plant setup

My first wife and I had a big hydroponics setup for years. I was completely amazed at how fast everything grew and the quantity most of the plants produced. we used a mixture of deep water and what I called pass by watering. The pass by was a system where all the pots hung from chains and then the nutrient matter was dripped into the top pot and watered the others as the solution passed by on it's way to the pots below then into a trough to be recirculated. In a 40' X 68' long green house we could grow the equivalent of an 11 to 13 acre traditional farm.

Fishfreek said:
My first wife and I had a big hydroponics setup for years. I was completely amazed at how fast everything grew and the quantity most of the plants produced. we used a mixture of deep water and what I called pass by watering. The pass by was a system where all the pots hung from chains and then the nutrient matter was dripped into the top pot and watered the others as the solution passed by on it's way to the pots below then into a trough to be recirculated. In a 40' X 68' long green house we could grow the equivalent of an 11 to 13 acre traditional farm.

Wow! If you've got any pics of your former setup it would be cool to see some of them.

I will take step by step pics with the build and then how the plants do - This is my first attempted so we all will see :beer:

All parts should be here in a week or so =D>

I remember an article, maybe 40 years ago :shock: , about a trend in New York City, where folks would rent an apartment and set up tanks, a special high intensity light on a motorized track which was set up with a timer--moving back and forth to simulate the sun's movement, and an automatic nutrient pump, and then leave the apartment alone for weeks at a time over months' long periods.

Finally got discovered as aroma, and then power usage, was noticed.

Folks were shocked that someone would pay New York rents just to grow marijuana.

I was, naively , surprised that someone would go to that much trouble.

duh. #-o

I've been looking at possibly doing a seed starter setup. One where I could start my stuff from seeds in time to transfer them to the garden once they are mature enough and the weather is warm enough for them to be outside. I'm thinking big head start for my tomatoes, peppers, etc. Not sure what going with a full hydro grow would take, so this will be interesting to watch. And if you end up needing a permit, you better be in a different state than the one I'm in, cause they don't do permits here. :shock:

got some of my parts today thanks to the USPS :beer: I hope by the end of the week they will all be here - can't wait to see how this works :beer:

Holy crap, how many grocery stores do you supply? LoL That seems like a huge operation. It must be less time consuming than I would have guessed.

Latest posts