Cleaning rust out of a gas tank

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wanted to try electrolysis, but I haven't had anything worth setting it up for since learning about the method.

[youtube]cTKHZSKuJtQ[/youtube]

JMichael said:
I've always wanted to try electrolysis, but I haven't had anything worth setting it up for since learning about the method.

[youtube]cTKHZSKuJtQ[/youtube]
I built a tank last year but it turned cold before I could use it.

Just FYI...

I looked up the cost of the Kreem "package". It was $36.00 to $45.00 if I had the right combo package???????

I paid $65.00 for a new 6 gallon plastic tank last week. A 12 gallon was $100.00. I then had to add a FPV (Fuel Pressure Valve) for another $20.00. and a Johnson fitting for about $6.00.

The reason I bought a new tank was that my mechanic warned me that metal tanks are constantly having rust problems with Ethanol gas. I can't buy anything but ethanol gas around here.

Back in TN, I can get ethanol free gas in a number of stations.

richg99

You can also check on https://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TX They show 2 different gulf stations in Houston that supposedly sell pure gas. This site is updated by anyone so accuracy may not be 100%.

BTW The "liner kits" really come in to their own when you have a tank that can't be readily replaced. For instance, there's pretty much zero % chance that I could find a new tank for my antique motorcycle. So once rust becomes an issue with the tank, there's not many financially feasible options other than repairing the one I have some how. So then it becomes a mater of which way do I go, Kreem, POR-15, etc, etc. I went with POR-15, which I think I paid $45 for the kit at the time. Even a used tank for my motorcycle on ebay will typically run around 200, and that's going to be needing a liner and a paint job once I get it.

Latest posts