2015 jeep cherokee 4 cyl

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estrst25

Reaction score
I was just wondering if a 2015 jeep cherokee with a 2.4 would have any issues pulling a 14ft jon boat. The boat doesn't have casting decks. It's a plain jon boat with wood floors 3 bench seats covered in plywood.

Estrst - on what terrain ? for what distances ?
If you are in Kansas on flat flat land and only go 10 miles or so,
then yes, you will have no problem.
To get any kind of accurate responses, you must fill in the blanks with more info.
Back in the '70s I had a Fiat wagon about the same size as the Jeep
with a 4cyl, single carb and it pulled the same boat as yours from Norfolk, VA
to Orlando, FL several times with no issues. There is a sticker on the inside
drivers door that gives you the towing capacity of that particular vehicle.
Jeep Sticker.JPG
your rig - your call.

My ex has one and it can barely pull its own shadow up a hill.

make sure your cooling system is 100% efficient and up to the task.

You should be perfectly fine. The 2.4 is rated to tow 2000lbs. Just a normal jon and trailer should be just fine.

it should do fine. i used to pull a double jetski trailer with 2 jet skis behind a 90 something hyundai with a 4 banger. my S-10 with a 2.5 2wd pulled a 16' jon with no problems.

Yeah it's the 2.4 . I'm going to put a tow hitch on with 2500 tow capacity. I was just wanting opinions. Im,not even sure what a jon boat and trailer weigh. I've always pulled a larger boat but I also had a large truck back then.

Wyatt I'm in tennesse as well. Between Nashville and knoxville

That should be no problem. Used to tow a 17ft with 40hp outboard and console with a 2.2L 4 Cyl. S-10. And currently use my sedan, 2.4L for my 14 ft jon with plywood decks and floor.

Very nice. You should have some real good lakes around your area then! I'm directly above Nashville right at the Kentucky border.

You should be okay, unless you are in the mountains.

I pull a 1652 Lowes/30hp 4stroke Merc with a Ford Focus with no problems so far (only 155k). Just use a decent hitch properly installed, you'll be fine.

My rig weighs 860lbs fully loaded, boat + trailer + battery + fuel.

My Honda Civic with the 1.8 Liter tows it just fine.

However, I don't launch with it, we just tow it to our campsite and then switch it over to our van to launch with.

Latest posts