110 home voltage Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fool4fish1226

Reaction score
Ok I need a little help - I bought this voltage regulator off of ebay and need to know how to hook it up. I am using it on project and need to control 110 voltage. My concern is that it only has an in and out which would lead me to believe that one would only hook the + wire in then out - is this correct and is this safe? See pics below and it is ok to call me a dumb a$$. Thanks

Attachments

• DSC01185.JPG
    DSC01185.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,143
  • DSC01186.JPG
    DSC01186.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,143
  • DSC01183.JPG
    DSC01183.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,143
or do you hook the + to both terminals (+from source then to the + of the item in need of control)? then run the - from the source straight to the item that needs regulating? Not sure on that one.

lovedr79 said:
or do you hook the + to both terminals (+from source then to the + of the item in need of control)? then run the - from the source straight to the item that needs regulating? Not sure on that one.

This was what I was thinking :-k :-k :-k

Well you can see the in and out are marked so whether it's safe or not, it's what they have in mind. As far as I can see, it should work, you just have to be sure that the outlet and the plug are wired correctly. Not sure how they'd use that with 220v though as 220v involves 2 hots.

JMichael said:
Well you can see the in and out are marked so whether it's safe or not, it's what they have in mind. As far as I can see, it should work, you just have to be sure that the outlet and the plug are wired correctly. Not sure how they'd use that with 220v though as 220v involves 2 hots.

i was wondering the same thing about running 220v. but it is rated for 220. LOL!

In Europe, and many other places....they don't have 110 volts. They run everything on 220 volts. So, if this item was made for the International market, it would have to be rated for 220. volts.

richg99

richg99 said:
In Europe, and many other places....they don't have 110 volts. They run everything on 220 volts. So, if this item was made for the International market, it would have to be rated for 220. volts.

richg99

I think your right - I will just have to give it go and test it before I use it - I was thinking I would make a little cord and see if this thing will control the speed on a grinder or something before I put it to use

lovedr79 said:
I was thinking a old drop light or something.

This is what I just did (could not find the fan) and it worked - Now I have to test it on something that pulls more amps - wish me luck :beer: