Cumberland lake Ky?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Any of you southern boys fish this lake? Got a friend going there in September with a couple other families. They want to rent a house boat, looking for any helpful information and recommendations on marinas, etc., and a guide for a day or two. Any help here? Thanks.

I am from 30 miles north of Lake Cumberland, great lake with lots of options. It is a finger lake with tons of runs and coves, it has the longest shoreline of any man made lake in the US. It was maintained at low levels for five or six years while leaks in the dam were repaired, now back at full pool for a few years. Lots of people, docks, parties on the lake and awesome striper and trout fishing under the dam (plenty of charters if you don't bring a boat). Should be a good time!

I've been to both Cumberland and Dale Hollow. I highly recommend you go to Dale Hollow instead. Its just a bit further of a drive, and a much nicer lake. A lot less commercialized, and it has a lot more beaches, rather than Cumberland having a lot more cliffs.

If you decide to go there, we rented a boat for 2 days from Cedar Hill Resort and was very happy with it. The owner was very friendly and the boat was in good shape.

We'd also rented one from Dale Hollow Marina. Don't make that mistake. Dude called me the day before the rental and said "the bilge pump is out on both my pontoons, so I have to cancel, I'll call you if we get anything fixed". Never called....and there isn't a bilge pump on a pontoon, so he was BS'ing me.

My toons actually had a drain plug built in on the backside on the toons. I did have a bilge pump in the bilge area (the location of my gas tank was in a sealed compartment but accessible from the top) and I, of course, had a bilge pump for my livewell. If I were to leave it uncovered in the rain, that compartment would fill rather quickly.

Latest posts