Back from my striper trip. Check out the hog I caught!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
This is the only striper I caught

mMJwYoO.jpg

Place we stayed at was super nice. Hillside Cabins in Grand Lakes, Kentucky. $89 a night for a 2 bedroom cabin.

We may have overpacked a bit....

nDXB6Av.jpg

Lake Barkley Dam. Didn't catch a darn thing

A1UOmzW.jpg

Caught a couple huge carp at Kentucky Lake Dam

0PPE91V.jpg

Went to the Nature Preserve at the Land Between the Lakes, and saw Buffalo!

swuU8w7.jpg

The last full day we were there, Me and dad were driving around looking for somewhere to eat breakfast. The sausage I brought was bad. It tasted like Popcorn. It was very weird. Anyways, found a marina with a restaurant. Turns out it wasn't open till 11, but we ran into the marina owner. He gave us the go ahead to fish off the docks that evening.

This thing was there. It was awesome looking.

ssOF2eO.jpg

This was the Marina Owner's boat. It was at least 50 foot.

xV8aaFz.jpg

Finally got into some nice Large Mouth off the docks at the marina. Took home 7 to clean up.

pjvov7C.jpg

I have a sister that lives in Calvert city beautiful land out that way.

I've caught smaller, so don't feel bad. Looks like you still managed to enjoy other aspects of your trip besides the striper fishing. Hope you did anyways.

JMichael said:
I've caught smaller, so don't feel bad. Looks like you still managed to enjoy other aspects of your trip besides the striper fishing. Hope you did anyways.

It was a good time. Spent some good time with my dad, ate some good food, and hung out with a friend and his dad.

That dock we fished at on the last day had a really nice bar and grill. After it got dark and the fishing died off, we went and had a real nice meal. Service kinda sucked, but they had beer battered onion rings and fries that were delicious. Waitress gave me a hard time for getting a red stripe instead of a bud light. I was on vacation, and I wanted a danged vacation beer.

Latest posts