Wrong size wrench! No problem.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love when the comments section turns into a bunch of sarcasm that equally matches the silliness of the subject.
And then when replies to those comments completely miss the sarcasm and take them seriously and call them out for being wrong. LOL

Gee,and I didn't even read the comments part of it. I just liked the idea.

How many times did you need a metric wrench and not have one? This idea might help in that instance. richg99

DaleH said:
-CN- said:
I love when the comments section turns into a bunch of sarcasm that equally matches the silliness of the subject.
You mean like: "I can't seem to find a metric Crescent wrench anywhere."
Yeah.
And they're not that hard to find. On the shelf by the left-handed screwdrivers.

My home wrenching career started with my love of early 70's and 80's Suzuki motorcycles, so all my tools were metric. It's the SAE wrenches I can't usually find. Metric makes so much more sense.

jethro said:
My home wrenching career started with my love of early 70's and 80's Suzuki motorcycles, so all my tools were metric. It's the SAE wrenches I can't usually find. Metric makes so much more sense.

I started turning wrenches on 60's muscle cars and never cared for metrics. Burma, Liberia and the U.S. are the only countries that have not adopted the metric standard and for good reason ... the rest of the world is wrong ! ...... lol

Where do you even find a SAE nut or bolt on equipment anymore?
My mind and eyes are trained in metric. It's from beginning my wrenching career on Japanese and European motorcycles. And then owning cars from Asia.
Whenever I've done work on Pontiacs and Fords too, all the hardware was metric.
I think the only time SAE comes into play is when you buy nuts and bolts at a hardware store. I am frustrated that the US has been too stubborn to change to a modern and universal system. Metric just makes more sense. Not that fractions are difficult, they're just stupid and unnecessary when you compare it to numerical whole number scale.

I still see both sizes all the time

most of my stuff is old that I work on lol

I have had complete sets of SAE and metric everything for years so I don't really think about it

but then I was a mechanic for 20 years and worked for both American and Foreign brands at some point in my life...

Latest posts