Spring lawn care

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
I'm in far northern Illinois.
It's not even April and my yard looks like it needs to be mowed and I have had to pull several dandelions.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Spring is for huntin' and fishin' not mowin'. Get your act together. :mrgreen:

I agree, and the more weeds I can keep out of my yard, the longer I can go between mowing and it still looks nice. Going longer between mowing, means less mowing, means less hours spent mowing that can be devoted to huntin and fishin.

Don't know what type grass you have and you're in a different (colder) area than I am, but I use roundup in the winter when the grass is dormant to kill any weeds that grow year round. Then in early spring, (about 2 weeks ago for me) I use a broad leaf weed killer to take out dandelions and other early season weeds that sprout.

lovedr79 said:
when i cared about my lawn i would use weed and feed in spring and fall. worked well but started getting expensive.
All of my pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers are free. It helps if one of your life long friends owns and operates an aerial applicator service (aka crop duster). :mrgreen:

JMichael said:
Don't know what type grass you have and you're in a different (colder) area than I am, but I use roundup in the winter when the grass is dormant to kill any weeds that grow year round. Then in early spring, (about 2 weeks ago for me) I use a broad leaf weed killer to take out dandelions and other early season weeds that sprout.

Awesome!!! You should throw old battery's in the creek too! :roll: :roll:

JMichael said:
lovedr79 said:
when i cared about my lawn i would use weed and feed in spring and fall. worked well but started getting expensive.
All of my pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers are free. It helps if one of your life long friends owns and operates an aerial applicator service (aka crop duster). :mrgreen:

yeah that would have been great! huge pay cut pretty killed my lawn care monies.

Ictalurus said:
JMichael said:

Awesome!!! You should throw old battery's in the creek too! :roll: :roll:
Oh, I do!!! Every chance I get. Some times when I don't have any old batteries and I'm feeling particularly stupid and can't find any of your post to read, I'll go out and buy new batteries and throw them in. SMH

Latest posts