F%@&ing no spill gas jugs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here us the little retrofit vent cap.https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZQ10FWG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1459907729&sr=1-1&refinements=p_4%3AMr.+Yellow+Cap&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=51La3Yl4XPL&ref=plSrch

I have a small outboard. I hated having refill the motor because my gas can was slow and hard to control.

I got this can at my True Value hardware, it is a lttle pricey but great. I just push the button, my motor fills almost immediately, automatcally stops when full, I release the buton and I'm done.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200516541_200516541?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Fuel%20Transfer%20%2B%20Lubrication%20%3E%20Fuel%20Cans&utm_campaign=NO-SPILL&utm_content=27123&gclid=CKT9wvn3-MsCFUKUfgod4SYHHA

here you go:
https://www.amazon.com/N2-Fuel-Can-EZ-Pour-Spout/dp/B017Y9NLMI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1459943823&sr=8-3&keywords=normal+gas+can+spout

Glad I'm not the only one that despises those things. If I ever meet the bastards that passed laws requiring them, I'll beat them silly with an empty gas can.

duckfish said:
Glad I'm not the only one that despises those things. If I ever meet the bastards that passed laws requiring them, I'll beat them silly with an empty gas can.

i wouldnt say empty as you can never get the fuel out of them

I've added vents and new spouts to several 5 and 6 gallon gas cans.

I know this probably makes me sound weird but I've been hoarding the old gas cans and spouts for a few years now. A friend told me they were going to quit selling the them. I've got about 5 complete jugs and about half a dozen spouts I've gotten off jugs with holes in them. I like to keep about 20 gals on hand in the winter time for the generator, I'll use it up between mowing and the boat in the spring.

Attwanl said:
I know this probably makes me sound weird but I've been hoarding the old gas cans and spouts for a few years now. A friend told me they were going to quit selling the them. I've got about 5 complete jugs and about half a dozen spouts I've gotten off jugs with holes in them. I like to keep about 20 gals on hand in the winter time for the generator, I'll use it up between mowing and the boat in the spring.

Your not the only one that has a stash of old cans. Lol. I look for them at yard sales. I also have a few of the jugs with a hose that look like big milk jugs I love those things. It seams like every time I had a new safety can the seals leak with in a few weeks.

I bought a new can a few months ago for my chainsaw and I've used it twice. Now it will not release gas.

I had to purchase a new can as well as well last week due to my old ones spout breaking. Got a new Briggs and Stratton can with some fancy "no spill" spout. I wasted a good hour of mowing time just trying to figure out how to pour out of it. Ridiculous!

Try picking up the "vintage" cans at an auction. You'll pay new price or better for them. So you guys don't feel bad.....you're not alone at despising the new-fangled crap that requires three arms and four hands to use.

Roger

I bought the Briggs Stratton can for filling my snowmobiles at my cabin

It was kind of clumsy at first but once I got it figured out I am liking it.

Its nice because it really is no spill and I am not getting gas all over our sleds anymore.

Take a little getting used it, have no idea how long it will last. But its better than I thought.

I do think it would suck trying to fill a small item like a weed wacker or something since you have to press down on the spout

I must've loudly hated these things too, because when my neighbor sold her house after her husband died she put all the gas cans out at the curb during the day while I was at work. My wife excitedly texted me that she grabbed all of them for me! What a woman!!

My no spills work perfect! What I do is get my gas in both the old type 5 gal. cans and the new no spill ones, empty the old style ones first and then transfer the gas from the no spill ones into them. Takes a little more time to do that, but end up with no spillage and when I go to use the gas for lawnmowers, garden tractors, boat fuel tanks, etc., it's always being poured out of the old style spout.
Isn't that how they were meant to be used! :lol:

On my last fishing trip I resorted to buying a funnel so that I could remove my fuel can spout and pour the gas into my fuel tank. This works even better than the old fuel cans! The new-fangled spout was unable to release even a drop of fuel!

On that note, now THIS is scary - went to buy a funnel late at night at a 24 hr WalMart and they HAVE NO NORMAL FUNNELS ANYMORE! Even funnels are going the route of having valves and crap on them. A plain old funnel with a "funnel" that has a normal sized hole in it cannot be found!

Justrite cans are the best can I've ever used, little pricey but worth it IMO. I can't stand the saftey cans you find at places like Walmart. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_10?k=justrite+accuflow&sprefix=justrite+a

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts