2015 Ford Transit 2500 High top extended

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishfreek

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Right now I use a 1999 Astro van high top conversion as my primary tow vehicle for my boat. It works well and I am able to camp out of it as well. But I bought it used and it had been a New York van so I am slowly seeing corrosion issues and some wiring problems. I have been looking into the new Ford transit 2500 high top vans as a replacement. I found a dealer near me that has a 2015 with diesel engine for about $10,000.00 off retail that I am going to look at tomorrow. My question is does anyone know of a computer program that can assist me with designing a new interior for this van? It is a clean blank space and I have some ideas in my head but want to compute twice and cut once on the material. I plan to use a cabinet grade Maple plywood for the interior with Bamboo trim and flooring.

Thanks

Only thing I know of is auto cad. I'm sure there are others, but I'm not familiar with them.

Good luck. Those are great vans.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Don't forget the bubble windows, murals and keep on trucking mud flaps. :)

There are some very high dollar conversion vans that I see on the net from time to time. I think Mercedes and others are being used as the base vehicle. Most are being sold in Europe.

If you can get the interior layouts of those, they certainly should give you a "wealth" of ideas. Not a program like you asked for, but might help anyways.
Gizmodo is the site that shows a lot of them. richg99

Lessons Learned From A Year Living In A Van
indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/lessons-learned-from-a-year-living-in-a-v...
Apr 3, 2015 - Living in a van doesn't have to leave you smelling like old socks. ... All Day Distractions: Living in a small space like a van isn't for everyone. ... whose work has appeared on Gizmodo, Expedition Portal, ADV Pulse, RevZilla, ...

How To Sleep On The Roof Of Your Car - Gizmodo
gizmodo.com/5753960/how-to-sleep-on-the-roof-of-your-car
Gizmodo
Feb 8, 2011 - No need for a big camper van that you'll only use a few times a year. That's the European angle: flexible, fuel-efficient (especially when not in ...
Gizmodo's Gift Guide for Ourselves
gizmodo.com/gizmodos-gift-guide-for-ourselves-1742177538
Gizmodo
Nov 25, 2015 - 4x4 Conversion for Connected States Van ... Considering conversions are around $25K and I haven't been very good this year I don't have ...
Bewildering Star Trek Van Shows Spock Piggy Backing On ...
io9.gizmodo.com/bewildering-star-trek-van-shows-spock-piggy-backing...
Feb 4, 2015 - For sale: a painted sex wagon sporting a mural of Spock riding a half naked woman. Some images NSFW, due to highly illogical airbrushed ...
What Ever Happened to Conversion Vans? - Jalopnik
jalopnik.com/what-ever-happened-to-conversion-vans-1736936...
Jalopnik
Oct 16, 2015 - Hello good people of Jalopnik, and welcome to Letters to Doug, your favorite weekly column wherein you write letters to Doug and Doug ...
Inside The $400,000 Van Built Like A Private Jet - Jalopnik
jalopnik.com/.../inside-the-400000-van-built-like-a-private-jet
Jalopnik
Apr 13, 2012 - A custom Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van filled with mobile Bond-villian ... The company behind these Benz-approved conversions is Becker Auto ...
Conversion vans News, Videos, Reviews and Gossip ...
jalopnik.com/tag/conversion-vans
Jalopnik
Oklahoma City Thunder (still not used to that) star Kevin Durant has been lured by Nike into a series of cheaply made web videos, including one where he ...
New Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 camper van: The most fuel ...
https://www.gizmag.com/sportsmobile-mercedes-sprinter-4x4.../37910/
Gizmag
Jun 9, 2015 - With the recent introduction of the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 4x4 to the US market, Sportsmobile now offers an efficient, all-terrain Sprinter diesel camper. ... Either way, the result was the same: no Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 for the better part of a decade. ... It calls the model its lightest ...
Jay Cutler Drove To Camp In A Big-*** Van, Is Still The Best
deadspin.com/jay-cutler-drove-to-camp-in-a-big-***-van-is-still...
Deadspin
Jul 23, 2014 - Jay Cutler showed up to Bears training camp today driving the vehicle you see above, what Jay calls a conversion van. Cutler made it very ...
Conversion Van Land Home - new and used custom luxury ...
https://www.conversionvanland.com/
Welcome to Mike Castrucci's conversion van land in Cincinnati, Ohio, the nation's leading Chevrolet & Ford dealer of new and used custom Explorer conversion ...
Searches related to gizmodo conversion van
vans you can live in
van living conversions
van living tips
van dwelling
living in a van full time
best vans to live out of
converting a van to live in
living in a cargo van
Next

I have done full livable conversions on 5 vans over the years and couple even included bubble windows and shag carpet. If I get this one it will be purpose built for fishing. I am working on rod and separate reel storage ideas I am also researching a 4 wheel drive conversion for it. I have never LIVED out of one of my other than short trips and 8 months traveling Baja. This just seems like the almost perfect platform. I am getting some of my inspiration from the high dollar Mercedes travel vans but not willing to dump 100 grand + on something that's not purpose built just the way I want it.

Latest posts