Canadian Fishing?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
How many of you have ever been up north on any sort of fishing trip? I got an offer last week to ride up with a guy for the weekend for a get-together another website he(and I) are members of are having. Most of the members live in canada, he lives in Ohio and I am driving up and meeting him and riding the rest of the(12 hours) with him and his son. We are planned to leave out the 14th of August(NEXT MONTH!) and return the 18th. I am so excited. Ever since i've got back into fishing i've wanted to go on a "far-off" fishing trip, but never imagined i'd be going to canada next month...haha. The lodge we are staying at is called Lakair Lodge and its on Lake Nipissing in Ontario. It'll be kind of a short trip when considering the drive time, but I wasn't about the pass up the opportunity. Anyways, have any of you guys ever fished up there anywhere?

Jim said:
I never have, always wanted too! Big Pike!

Make sure to get your passport situation situated.

I am super jealous.

:beer:

Yeah, I asked him about the passport deal. He said there was no need for one, all you gotta have is your birth certificate and drivers liscense.

This place we're going seems to have alot of pike and walleye. They also are the possibility of muskie as well, although i'm not gonna hold my breathe for one of those...haha. I can't wait to hook into my first one...i've never caught either of those(walleye or pike), so i'm super excited. :D

Bubba said:
Jim said:

I am super jealous.

Yeah, I asked him about the passport deal. He said there was no need for one, all you gotta have is your birth certificate and drivers liscense.

This place we're going seems to have alot of pike and walleye. They also are the possibility of muskie as well, although i'm not gonna hold my breathe for one of those...haha. I can't wait to hook into my first one...i've never caught either of those(walleye or pike), so i'm super excited. :D

I dont think that is true, I am 99.9999% positive you need a passport now. Better safe than sorry.

I guess you are right?

https://help.cbp.gov/cgi-bin/customs.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=74&p_created=1043364936&p_sid=npxW*y9j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD02MzksNjM5JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Jim said:
Bubba said:
Jim said:

I am super jealous.

I dont think that is true, I am 99.9999% positive you need a passport now. Better safe than sorry.

Well, I'm not really sure either way. I'm just taking his word for it because he travels up there(from Ohio) at least 4-5 times a year on fishing trips and he said I wouldn't need one. But I am gonna try to make sure on it....I would hate to get up there and have to turn around and ruin our trip.

Entry into Canada is solely determined by Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials in accordance with Canadian law, see https://www.cbsa.gc.ca for details. Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada must carry both proof of citizenship and identity. A valid U.S. passport or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens. If U.S. citizen travelers to Canada do not have a passport or approved alternate document such as a NEXUS card, they must show a government-issued photo ID (e.g. Driver’s License) and proof of U.S. citizenship such as a U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or expired U.S. passport. Children under sixteen need only present proof of U.S. citizenship.

Your all set!

https://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1082.html

Jim said:
I guess you are right?

https://help.cbp.gov/cgi-bin/customs.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=74&p_created=1043364936&p_sid=npxW*y9j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD02MzksNjM5JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Yeah, I believe you only have to have one if you are traveling by plane.