Catfishing Arkansas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catliner01

Reaction score
Anyone live in Arkansas that likes chasing Flatheads on the Arkansas river, Rod and Reel

The gnats have gotten so bad I've all but given up fishing the rivers. I only fished the AR river rarely at best (@ Pendelton), but that's mostly because of distance I'd have to travel to fish it. But the good news is, the bream are beddin-up so I'm not that interested in catfishing now anyways. LoL

Just started using Buggins for the knats. Works really well you can get it at Walmart, Gander Mountain, and Walgreens. Probably other places these are just places that I know sell it. Smells a better than off and works better. All natural and doesn't make my lips go numb...lol.

starrider said:
Just started using Buggins for the knats. Works really well you can get it at Walmart, Gander Mountain, and Walgreens. Probably other places these are just places that I know sell it. Smells a better than off and works better. All natural and doesn't make my lips go numb...lol.

Never heard of it, but at the prices I see it selling for, it's def worth a try.

Down here in Arkansas on the Arkansas river the gnats are terrible. But never get bitten, We use banana boat sports cream. The gnats hate the stuff

For the gnats, and any other flying nuisances, I LOVE my thermacell. I won't turkey hunt or night fish in the summer months without it. I've noticed a "cone" of gnats and bugs flying around when it's in use at say a picnic. Only problem with a Thermacell is it's gotta be pretty calm with little wind for it to work effectively. But on windy days the bugs aren't nearly as bad anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/ThermaCell-Mosquito-Repellent-Outdoor-Repeller/dp/B01BGHU7R6/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1464790646&sr=1-1&keywords=thermacell

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
I'm in Virginia, but just started chasing them with rod and reel this past weekend. Weather here has been funky, lots of rain and cool.

me too. how many days did it not rain in May? LOL!

Latest posts