BASS eliminates Co-anglers...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should BASS Elite Series have Co-Anglers?

• 1) Yes

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • 2) No

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • 3) Don't care

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • 4) What's a co-angler?

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 5) Undecided

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
I'm a little confused. I didn't think the Elite guys had co-anglers now. Or is that only when a camera man is on board?

Matt

I don't really care either way.I like the idea of a combined weight if there were to be a co-angler,maybe 8fish instead of 5 and the co-angler has to catch aleast two.I bet the pro would help the co-angler then:)

I think they should just make the non-boater event the first two days instead of the 3 they currently do. I can understand why they don't want them on there, it's pretty high stakes now and they need to be able to concentrate without having someone throw them off their game. It's too bad, I'd love to fish with a pro sometime, maybe as a co-angler in FLW then.

I understand what they are trying to explain but, still a unique oppurtunity for those who have it :?

I'm undecided #-o

I don't know, don't those guys spend like $40K for entry fees for the season? I don't think if I shelled out that kind of coin I'd want to risk my performance with who I might get paired up with. When ESPN made fishing a high dollar game it separated itself from the weekender, they could still do pro-am events the way the PGATour does but for what's at stake for those guys it just doesn't seem fair for them to have to worry about another guy being on fish and the dynamic between a boater and non-boater; they need to say focused.

I am undecided as well.If it were me I would rather go it alone.That way I wouldn't have to deal with playing the blame game.I would like to fish in one of those big money tourneys,but I'll never have the money to toss at entry fees.FLW is supposed to becoming to Lake Muarry in Irmo,SC outside of Columbia,SC.That's about 1:45 from me.It'd be great fun to go see the weigh in.It'd be cool to be on the lake with the guys but I don't think they allow people on the lake during tourneys.Do they?

...It'd be cool to be on the lake with the guys but I don't think they allow people on the lake during tourneys.Do they?

I believe they do at most of the pro tourneys..........that's what all those other people in boats out there are doing, following/watching (from a respectful distance) the pros 8) . I was gonna go to KY Lake this past June for the Elite series weigh-in, however, the cost of fuel made my decision not to go, lol :wink:

i dont know about all fisherman but i know at least two 13 year olds that are convinced they want to be the next KVD,swindle or even ike.to me it's not just about being a pro for some people it's about fishing with someone you think is awesom.i think co angler tournaments are good for the sport and gives hope to the up and coming anglers.i mean it is the common joe who watches the events.but you still have FLW,BFL and probably others i'm not aware of.it's not the end of co anglers.

Waterwings said:
Here's a follow-up on the elimination of Co-Anglers. Rick Clunn adds his thoughts and he has some very good points concerning the positive aspect (ethics) of having a co-angler in the boat.

https://bassfan.com/news_article.asp?id=3048

that's a great article that brings up issues that I hadn't even considered. After reading that I feel strongly that there should be co-anglers.