lol....prepare early

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
Dad & I have a fishing trip planned for Thursday. We're going to take the jon I just modified for a test run. The lake we're going to is TM only (one of the reasons I like it), so I'm charging batteries & getting gear gathered.

We plan to drive his van, since it's alot more "gas friendly" than my truck. I had to rewire the trailer lights, since they weren't wired in the "standard" manner. Checked them from my truck.....and everything was fine. We checked them on Dad's van, and no left turn. long story short, no power to left TS on the flat-4 connector on his van. Traced the wiring & found a power converter under the right tail light of his van. Had power going into the left turn signal of the control, but not coming out....so, bad control. Plugged back into my truck, thinking I'd just drive it & now the plug on my truck decides it want's to be finicky (likely just from corrosion), so I replaced it....all well & fine.

Dad called the local RV store asking about the control (power converter) for his van...$70 & had to order it. He's getting laser done on 1 eye in the morning, so we're supposed to pick it up after that, and can still get it on tomorrow (hopefully between the rain that's forecast. Evidently Ford Windstar vans are flaky when adding hitch wiring, and are low voltage lights, as well as (from what I was told) break the ground side instead of the + side.

Going to pick-up bait tomorrow afternoon, since we'll be leaving early Thursday Am.
lol.....point is...be prepared, check things out prior to needing them :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll have some pics to post Thursday evening in the fishing forum of the bluegills & crappie we'll catch. :wink:

ST

Thanks WW! We'll have a good time for sure. Poor old dad's needed to go fishing for awhile, but he's in a situation (taking care of his wife) that he won't ask for help in (and none gets offered, from her kids). So now he's battling blood pressure problems because of stress.....he's 85 doesn't need that. His health has been actually great, but I can see the stress starting to catch up to him. I've told him he's no "spring chicken" anymore, and needs to start thinking about himself alittle more while he can still do & enjoy things (like fishing & golf).

I'm pretty sure we'll boat some fish, we usually do :wink:

ST

Good Luck. I know from experience that everything goes wrong at exactly the wrong time. Since you checked everything ahead of time you should be good to go. Good Luck :D

Thanks guys! lol....yeah, that's why I even mentioned this, I'd hate to hear of someone hooking-up early some morning to head-out only to find something not kosher....

Got the control for dads van today, and I about "soiled" myself when I saw the mountain of wiring it came with :roll: .....crazy! Any case, it's fixed :D

They didn't do Dads laser surgery this morning......guess they needed to milk the insurance for a little extra 1st so he'll have it done next week. I told him now he has no excuse for me out-fishing him :twisted:

Still gotta go pick-up bait in a bit. Thanks again!

ST

Latest posts