Yeti Knockoffs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The10Man

Reaction score
About a month ago I bought the large Yeti tumbler knockoff from Ozark Trail at Walmart. I've been pretty impressed with it so far, especially since I only paid $9 for it.

Then today I was in Wally World and saw that Ozark Trail has knocked off the soft sided cooler and it's only $59, compared to the Yeti Hopper which costs $300 -$350.

Does anyone have the Ozark Trail soft sided cooler? Do you like it? How is the quality? Is it durable? Would you recommend it? Thanks!

d03af74d0d822441cdd4e11800afea5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The10Man said:
... today I was in Wally World and saw that Ozark Trail has knocked off the soft sided cooler and it's only $59, compared to the Yeti Hopper which costs $300 -$350.
Yeesh, who's making this stuff that a dayum soft-sided cooler co$ts $350? What is it, thermo-nano nuclear powered? Is it mil-spec for a NASA space mission to Mars? Dayum things (Yeti) are sooooo expensive you would think that Under Armor was making it ...

Rant over ...

DaleH said:
Yeesh, who's making this stuff that a dayum soft-sided cooler co$ts $350? What is it, thermo-nano nuclear powered? Is it mil-spec for a NASA space mission to Mars? Dayum things (Yeti) are sooooo expensive you would think that Under Armor was making it ...

Rant over ...

I think Trump is making them in China!

I guarantee you they are being made side by side in some factory over in China.

My Ozark Trail tumbler is great. Perfect for beer when we're camping.

Interested! Let us know if you buy it.

My wife and kids got me the small RTIC cooler for my birthday and it awesome........Not 5 days worth of ice awesome, but nicer than some of the cheapies for sure.

I'm pretty sure this Ozark Trail is the equivalent size of the Yeti Hopper 40, which is the largest and most expensive soft sided cooler they make.

This evening I was packing up the Jeep for this weekend's excursion, putting my igloo marine cooler in, I was looking at my makeshift drain plug (modified wine cork) that I rigged years ago and had forgotten that the hinges were busted on the lid. Then as I went to lift it up one of the handles on side cracked in half.

I'm thinking I'm gonna try out the soft sided cooler. I'm going to check them out again tomorrow and if I buy it I'll let you know how it performs.

i still use my 20 year old igloo. zip ties for hinges and a plastic plug from a new brake master cylinder as the drain plug. guaranteed not to get stolen out of the back of the truck.

Yep. After I saw the $59.00 price on a Yeti 30 ounce drink cup.....!!!!! Sheesh.

I bought one of those WalMart knockoffs for $9.95. Unbelieveable that the ice stays frozen in that thing overnight. My only complaint is that it stays so cold, that, after I drink the water that I put in..the d#$% ice doesn't melt to produce more drinkable water like it used to.

I find I have to open the lid to let the ice melt, so I can get more water. Ha Ha What a complaint. It works too well!!! Ha

I'm old and frugal. If I went on three day trips and needed my ice to last that long, I MIGHT consider something fancy. But, I doubt it. No way can I justify $59.00 for a cup to hold some water for a few hours on the water.

On another site, I saw a $6,000.00 powered Kayak. For that much money I could buy some nice Jon boats/Gheenoes/Soloskiffs.

The world has gone crazy.

richg99

The10Man said:
I'm pretty sure this Ozark Trail is the equivalent size of the Yeti Hopper 40, which is the largest and most expensive soft sided cooler they make.

This evening I was packing up the Jeep for this weekend's excursion, putting my igloo marine cooler in, I was looking at my makeshift drain plug (modified wine cork) that I rigged years ago and had forgotten that the hinges were busted on the lid. Then as I went to lift it up one of the handles on side cracked in half.

I'm thinking I'm gonna try out the soft sided cooler. I'm going to check them out again tomorrow and if I buy it I'll let you know how it performs.

I bought replacement latch, drain and hinges for my Igloo Marine cooler at Menards.

Hi Rich99, the $59 is for a soft sided cooler, not the tumblers. I have the tumbler as well and paid the same price you did. I have the same complaint as you with the tumbler, being that the ice doesn't melt quick enough for me drink it.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
I bought replacement latch, drain and hinges for my Igloo Marine cooler at Menards.
We typically take a short piece of 2" wide nylon tie down strap, cut off about 2.5" and melt each end to stop the fraying. Then we use the same screws that hold the hinges to the cooler to attach the nylon in place of the hinge. They work great and you'll never have to replace another hinge or worry about them breaking again.

Ictalurus said:
DaleH said:

Rant over ...

I think Trump is making them in China!
I just hope it's not Hillary making them or the national debt will go up another 10 trillion. Or she'd rob the money from the social security fund to make them and give them away to everyone that hasn't paid any money in to SSI.

I laugh at the people on my Toyota forum who are all about Yeti coolers. They say "5 days of ice no problem!!" Those posers have never backcountry camped for 5 days in their life. I camp in the TRUE backcountry of North West Maine where there isn't an electrical outlet for 100 square miles, sometimes for 2 weeks at a time. And I can keep ice no problem for those entire 2 weeks with a 30 year old Igloo Marine 150 qt. cooler by using blocks of dry ice. I have camped with ice cream and frozen meat and vegetables and I don't need a roto-molded cooler to do it.

jethro said:
I laugh at the people on my Toyota forum who are all about Yeti coolers.
The chemical co's (pesticides/herbacides) were giving Yeti's away to the local farmers as promotions for using their chemicals. The farmers weren't satisfied with just keeping them in the back of their trucks. They had to put something under them so they stuck up high enough over the bed to be seen by people as they drove by. Didn't take the local meth addicts long to figure out they could get a quick 50 bucks to support their habit by selling these coolers. They may be bear proof but they aren't addict proof. :)

Latest posts