Man dies in freak fishing accident

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACarbone624

Reaction score
https://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lifish0730,0,600348.story

:shock: I've had a few bounce back and hit the boat and is sound like a shotgun. Can't imagine what a big one like that would feel like actually hitting you.

Real or not... That guy must set the hook like a wild man. I've had a bullet weight split the skin on my knee cap before when I missed a fish. 4 stiches later it was back to normal :?

Captain Ahab said:
i think it is just an urban legend. people have been telling this stiory ever since I was a small tot

I don't know about that. Those pyramid surf sinkers could do just that without too much of a problem. I've had more than a couple of close calls like that when jetty fishing. What happend to me was my line ended up getting hung up in the rocks that make up the jetty and of course your fighting like hell to get it back cause you don't feel like re-rigging again and then wham! A wave comes up and magically it becomes free'd up and the whole deal comes at your face at mock 1. It's just that one in a million type things.

Latest posts