Habits

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HANGEYE

Reaction score
Do you have habits that you were raised with as a child that you still adhere to as an adult?

From my parents, I eat with my mouth closed, I hold the door for others, I say please and thank you ... etc

From the military, I cannot wear a hat inside a building, take all you want but eat all you take, I still answer with yes sir/mam no sir/mam ... etc

I also respect my elders, but I'm getting to the age that elders are getting harder to find.

wow, Hang, great post !!!

it seems the more "seasoned" adults are "trying" to instill
the very same mannerisms in their kids that our parents taught us.
but, alas, it seems most of today's younger generation is going in a totally different direction.
Smart Phones glued to the face is my pet peeve. (both adults and youngsters alike).
Not only are hats to be off indoors but especially at the dinner table,
smart phones should be in a bedroom during the family hours, like eating together or TV time.
My mother taught me the same manners as yours !!!
My father taught me the skills of life. Help someone in need, never accept a financial gratuity,
never return an item that you borrowed in lesser condition than when you picked it up.
if a job is worth doing, it is worth doing right - the first time.
a gun is always loaded - no matter what kind it is. The range of a bullet is one mile.
never hit a woman - regardless of the circumstances.
nobody "owes" you anything - - - if you want it, work for it, earn it.
shake hands with a WWII veteran - not many of them left.
I also respect my elders, but I'm getting to the age that elders are getting harder to find.
as Pogo said, "we have met the Elders, and they is US" !! (sort of).

I guess the single one that often pops up is when I was maybe 10 years old.
we were fishing under a bridge down in the Florida Keys and there was a lot of
grafiti on the concrete..... I picked up a burnt stick and drew my name on a post.
my father said: "Idiots Names and Monkey Faces all appear in Public Places". now, which one are YOU ?
and now, all my grandchildren often repeat that phrase when they see public grafiti.

Thanks again,
maybe it will jog some into returning to our roots of basic civilized manners.

Latest posts