$2.00 desk tool holder and gadget collector.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
I am doing some more work inside, away from my workshop, these days.

Yet, I need some smaller tools and something to reduce the clutter that I build up all of the time. I am a "messy Bessy" as I am sure my wife will tell you.

A quick trip to WalMart brought me to their Stationery section. I found a .97 cent mini-crate...and, during a stop at the Dollar Store, I picked up a $1.00 Tool Holder.

I had to trim the ends of the tool holder to fit. A couple of long rivets, and Viola!!! I have a desk tool holder and clutter reducer.

Just FYI....
regards, richg99

Attachments

• IMG_20161206_100525.jpg
    IMG_20161206_100525.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_20161206_100504.jpg
    IMG_20161206_100504.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_20161206_101028.jpg
    IMG_20161206_101028.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 760
Nice DIY project. I found out how handy a tool caddy was years ago and have used them from time to time over the years. My favorite versions are the soft sided tool caddy/tool tote, and the one where you get an apron of sort that attaches around the outside of a five gallon bucket.

caddy.jpg

JMichael said:
Nice DIY project. I found out how handy a tool caddy was years ago and have used them from time to time over the years. My favorite versions are the soft sided tool caddy/tool tote, and the one where you get an apron of sort that attaches around the outside of a five gallon bucket.
I bought one of those! Threw in all my tools ... but now I need to buy a 2-wheeler ... as I can't even lift the bucket #-o !

:wink:

Yeah, I own two of the Bucket Boss brand. They are great, but hold too much stuff. That's why I built the Mini....

Maybe one of you should make up a canvas outer ring and compete on a Mini basis. I'm having too much fun to start another business. I will accept residuals, though. Rich

Latest posts