I should be fishin right now

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Well, if I wasn't so dang lazy, I should've been on the water at this moment. Had plans to take the boat out early this morning (before the heat set in) and travel about 11 miles to a local lake. Stayed up past midnight piddling around and had my alarm set for 0430 this morning. Alarm went off, I got up, made a trip to the bathroom, and went back to bed. My wife woke me up about 6am and asked if we were still going fishing. She said I mumbled "gotta sleep". Well, it's 9:13 am right now and the temp is already 77* and humidity kicking-in. Gonna have to rely on decent weather on weekends now, as we're back to school starting tomorrow, so no more weekday trips for me.

Heck....load-up & go....today might have been your day. You can always find a shady spot to anchor under :D That way you'll already be there this evening :wink:

ST

SlimeTime said:
...You can always find a shady spot to anchor under :D That way you'll already be there this evening :wink: ST

That's a long day on the water, lol. I'm usually good for 3-5 hrs, after that I'm whooped, usually due to the heat, not from from catching huge amounts of fish (I wish), lol.

That's why you put an extra wide lid on the rod locker.......makes a good place for nap-time
hbsw03AB.gif
, and pack a lunch with plenty of water (as well as a jug for the water when it's time to expel it).

ST

Lol, that nap idea is a good one, but just my luck, I'd be anchored under a nice shady spot and a dang snake would drop into the boat or on me. Then there'd just be a burial at sea, I mean pond/lake, because I'd have a heart attack, lol :)

I woke up at 2am this morning. loaded my gear and was on the road by 220am. Stopped at a store for Ice and was on the water by 245. Fished until 1130 this morning and only caught 5......:( Oh well I guess. At least I got out! When i got off the water it was starting to get quite warm. 90+ and humid as crap.

Glad someone got on the water today! 5 is a good number! 8) .

My wife mentioned that if we'd gone fishing this morning I wouldn't have got a lot of the yard work done today. I spent two hours just weed-eating in this heat, but it had to be done (the weeds/grass in the front ditch were about 18" tall!). Got me a shower already and had a couple of the great cheeseburgers my wife makes for me. Thinking about going fishing from the bank now :)

Latest posts