New England Blizzard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
hey ya'll, I was just sitting here watching the evening news
in my shorts n tshirt with the windows and doors open to let
in the 82* breeze and was wondering how you guys up in
New England are dealing with that horrible looking blizzard ?
I've never seen a blizzard, so how do you guys cope ??

Sure, rub it in!

I took the day off today and was also in my shorts and t-shirt sitting by my fireplace insert with my feet up. It is 75 degrees in the house. :lol:

hahahhhaHA

There are no more snow birds left Up Nawth !!
seems like every other car tag here is from Canada,
PA, NY, NJ and MA !!! we have reached the saturation point.

I talked to a guy up in Maine today and his store is snowed in.
they will camp out in the store until the plows can clear them out.

good luck up there - stay safe

14 inches of heavy white stuff. I fought the snowblower and shovel for over 4 hours. I can't wait to retire and head south. Better fishing down there than here too!

That was after cooping with the blizzard. We usually lock all the windows and doors, draw the blinds and curtains. Then we head to the safe room with no windows and hold each other tightly while waiting for the Thunder Snow to end. If we wake up the next day and we check the security cameras and the sun has risen then we know it may be safe to exit the safe room. At that point we cautiously exit and hope the Zombie Apocalypse has not starter yet. This was after we fought the other citizens and made a mad rush to the store and bought all the bread and milk the supermarket had just in case the power went out or we were stuck in the safe room for 3 weeks!

Johnny said:
Lots of planning
It's normal for us here. We use to still go to school years ago during heavy snow. Now if there is a flake they cancel.
This last storm was easy. Only a foot and light. The next one is gonna suck. Heavy snow with rain.
Will be like cement.THOSE ARE THE HARD ONES.
will need to do it in stages.
Good chance of losing power this time.
So the generator is ready.
Backup generator is ready.
Backup backup generator is ready. Lol
I find and fix broken ones...

Few pics from the last one.....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 786
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 786
Johnny said:
It may not seem like it to you but we appreciate the seasons including summer more then you guys down south. Of course you have to like snow, but hell not all of us live in a shell. Some of us snow ski, something you can't do much of in Florida. Some of us will go sledding with our kids, it's fun, you should try it sometime, oh that's right you can't.

Ever bumper ski? Back when I was a kid you'd grab on to a cars bumper and let him take you skiing all over town. Nothing like snuggling up with your best girl after a nice walk in the white with a cup of your favorite hot beverage, listening to the kids have a snow ball fight with the kids across the street, ice fishing, yeah we still fish when it's freezing, it ain't half bad.

Then as the weather warms and the layers come off we get to do it all again on the water and we love it more then you because we know it will disappear all too soon.

So enjoy what you have, I'm enjoying what I have, make the best of your situation, glad your a part of my day, time for a cup of hot chocolate now. Cheers.

I didn't say I have never seen snow or lived where it wasn't cold.
I was just saying that I have never experienced a blizzard like New England has now.
I lived in West Virgina for 3 years and frequently saw 10-15*f below zero.
my fathers homestead was central Alabama..... I have thrown many a snowball
and bobsleded down a hill at break neck speed.
several years cruising the North Atlantic while serving in the US Navy, I saw plenty of ice.
standing watch at the end of Pier 12 in Norfolk, VA will send any Eskimo back to his igloo.

I enjoy boating 12 months out of the year now !!!!
and I am a FLORIDA NATIVE - born and raised right here.
and I hate the COLD !!!
and I HATE DISNEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny said:
I didn't say I have never seen snow or lived where it wasn't cold.
I was just saying that I have never experienced a blizzard like New England has now.
I lived in West Virgina for 3 years and frequently saw 10-15*f below zero.
my fathers homestead was central Alabama..... I have thrown many a snowball
and bobsleded down a hill at break neck speed.
several years cruising the North Atlantic while serving in the US Navy, I saw plenty of ice.
standing watch at the end of Pier 12 in Norfolk, VA will send any Eskimo back to his igloo.

I enjoy boating 12 months out of the year now !!!!
and I am a FLORIDA NATIVE - born and raised right here.
and I hate the COLD !!!
and I HATE DISNEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you deal with Florida type storms? You just deal with it, the heat, the humidity, the winds whatever it brings you deal with it. So do we nothing to report, if you do it on a regular basis it's nothing, you turn up your collar put your back to the wind and move to the next page. Was going to ask if you knew my dad but he was in the So. Pacific during the war, and I'm also assuming you were in during a war, carry on.

You get a friend or two, go down to the shop and start a wood fire in the furnace. Gather up your mowers, saws, tillers ,wackers, boats and anything else that needs repair and maintenance for next summer and get it done. After the shop is so hot you have to open a door wearing only a tee shirt you let the fire down to coals. Set a tin bucket of Hot buttered rum atop the furnace to simmer. Next you fill your custom made rack with venison, lake trout, grouse, stuffed peppers & stuffed potatoes, slide it into the furnace door, sip hot buttered rum and watch it cook. Now here's the genius. When its ready you gather up your spouse's for a no effort meal. This scores BIG brownie points for next summer which you can cash in for fishing leave. We kinda figure God dropes those blizzards on us to help out the guys!

Latest posts