Headed to Fl. Dunn's creek/ St.Johns River

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovedr79

Reaction score
I am headed to satsuma fl. first week of april. my stepdad has rented me a boat on Dunn's creek/St. Johns river. what tackle do i need to bring? I have never fished there before. any hot spots close to there?

I have never fished Dunn's Creek, but I have fished the St. Johns on many occassions.....
big lunker large mouths hang around the lilly pads waiting on live shiners.
plate size crappie on live minnows and small lures when the water temps are just right.
you can fill a bucket with nice bluegill and redbreast bream on worms and live crickets.
the local bait shops will be your best bet for accurate information for what's biting on what.

https://bassonline.com/florida-lakes/st-johns-river/
for big fish in the bushes, I use 65# Power Pro on a Lew's bait caster and 40# on the spinning outfits.
for crappie and bream, 10# mono with a 4' fluro leader.
if you don't have one already, rig up a 5gl bucket with the bait bubbler for your live bait.
unless of course, you get a nice boat with the live well and bait well built in !!!

hope you have an awesome trip !!

oh - make sure you have a non-resident FL fishing licenses on your person
prior to putting any kind of line in the water. (Mr. Greenjeans will get ya).

my stepdad went out today, he found a sweet bait shop with all kinds of live bait...... i am getting excited. the rental boat is a Triton 18' CC with a 60hp merc on it. i am getting excited about getting back on the water.

Latest posts