Motorcycles and Fishing...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVNET

Reaction score
Hello All,

This is kind off topic, but since you guys in this corner are the mods expert, I posted it here.

I am trying to make my motorcycle fishing friendly so that I can carry what I need to go out fishing.

poll and reel
Small Cooler
Small Tackle Box.

So have you seen any motorcycle carrying fishing equipment ?

The other day I spotted a Harley with a fishing rod but I was in a rush and could not stop for details.

If you have any Ideas about mods, that would be great, a link to anything...

I think if you take up fly fishing it will be easier for you. 4 piece rods and easier to pack small flies make motorcycles a sinch!

You could get 4 piece spin rods as well I bet. (I only fly fish). If the cooler is for your lunch you could get a softsided one and sling it over one shoulde bike messenger style. You cold buy a fly fishing vest and load it down with small boxes of soft plastics and terminal tackle. A small back pack along with the 4 piece rod could probably secure it all in one package. You could use a large trashbag filled with ice to keep stuff cold but not wet. Let us know what you come up with.

Use some PVC pipe and wires ties 9zip ties) and you can create a temporary rod holder on the back of the bike

Just cut a small slot into the PCV pipe (about 1") so the zip ties can "bite" and tie it on where you can load the rod in a vertical position. When you are done, cut the ties off until the next trip

I used my old ZX-9R to go fishing a couple times, a couple trips with 2 piece spinning rods in a Plano case and a couple times with a 4 piece fly rod. I wouldn't do it again, too much to coordinate and it's too risky getting stuff caught in the wheels. I know a guy that had a backpack strapped to his passenger seat and it worked loose and locked up his rear wheel at 90 mph, he wouldn've been dead if he wasn't in full race leathers.

you ride and SV?

See if this link will open for you... https://www.easttennesseefishing.com/index.php?showtopic=3212

It was made for a bicycle but you might use some, if not all, of the concept for a motorcycle.

I've had a few, superglide, soft tail, full-dress FLH, and camped/fished off all them. It really doesn't take anything special, just a handful of bungee cords. Either a luggage rack or set of leather saddlebags might be helpful, or even a tour-pack,

ST