Gander Mountain Closing 30+ Stores

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two year old store near me is one of those closing. I have a gift card I better use soon.

The one in my town is closing they never have much of what I'm looking for. I drive 30 min to Cabela's they always have what in looking for.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They never had what I needed in a pinch. If they did it was 5x the cost elsewhere. Their HUGE gun sale in February is a hoax. You can only get 5% off guns regardless of what your scratcher ticket you waited in line for an hour says. Then they raise the prices if the firearms. I went friday night before the sale, found my gun I had saved a long time for. It was $899. Went in saturday morning, filled out the papers, caught hell for having $500 in gift cards. Then my total was something like $1049. I was like whoa..... clerk was like the gun is 999. I said it was 899 last night. Manager came over "oh you saw that", click click on the register. Now 899. Buddy went in on Sunday, found two identical guns, with different price tags. So since then I don't shop there.

Gander mountain was owned by cabela's at one time, but somehow after several years they were able to get ownership back on some type of technicality. Financial problems seem to follow some companies maybe due to poor management. After what i've read today, seems like this was the case, with poor customer service.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Now where will I go to look for things I need but they don't have....but just had an isle full of it 2 weeks ago and will not be ordering anymore of them.

EXACTLY. one of the other main reasons i stopped even going in there.

Latest posts