Saturday Night Clothes Washer Repair

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATRIOT

Reaction score
Whirlpool top loading washer LSR7233EQ0
Timer stops at the same location at start of soak cycle and will not advance. But get this . . . a simple nudge on the front of the machine and timer starts and completes all remaining cycles. On top of this, this problem is intermittent. Go figure!
Any easy fixes short of replacing the timer (which seems to work)?
Hate to just throw parts at it.

Nothing makes me more violent than machines that stop working out of the blue, especially washing machines and refrigerators. :LOL2:

I must of been an evil person in a past lifetime because I have gone through so many of them that I swear this is some sort of payback.

My newest issue is a samsung fridge that has an ice maker built in. It literally takes 30 seconds to get a half a cup of ice out of it. I Want to smash it in a thousand pieces. :LOL2:

SUCCESS!

Lid switch actuator had worn a flat spot over the last 20+ years.
Simply threaded a SS screw to bring it back to its former glory.
Works fine now and it's adjustable to boot.
Just love it when a plan comes together!

Of course now I have to do laundry . . . :cry:

Attachments

• 199.jpg
    199.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 550
  • 198.jpg
    198.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 550
  • 197.jpg
    197.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 550
On some models you can just cut the wires and splice them together....caution you can open the door with it spinning this way. I don't suggest doing it until you find out if your model will work that way. Nice Jimmy rig you did there to make it go.
I finely bought a new washer last year, must say the thing uses a quarter the amount of water the old one did plus spins the cloths almost dry too....just hope it lasts

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Latest posts