Thread preview

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spedly

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn the thread preview off? I have looked through the user control panel and searched for old posts but I'm coming up empty.

Thread preview....Is there a way to turn thread preview ...ON? Most of the sites that I use have Thread Preview. Tinboats is the only one that doesn't show it for me.

Must be a setting that I know nothing about.

Watching for the answer to this query. richg99

Jim, I am not certain what the OP meant...But...When I receive an email notice about an answer to a post that I am following, on many sites, the actual answer is included in the ..Alert. I have a choice if I want to simply read it, or follow the LINK. In many cases, when the response is just an emoji, I do NOT go to the site.

Richg99

This copy might explain better...
fishingcacher has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - And I thought I Could do it Myself! - in the TTMB forum of 2CoolFishing.

This thread is located at:
https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=2255969&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Isn't that his uncle?

I kind of like it the way it is...... (but, I am using a laptop - not a smart phone).
put your cursor over the thread topic and read the first few lines.
put your cursor over the last post and do the same
without opening and closing the thread itself.
Other forums have the same program. this may be a default
built into the website and is not managable.

jus my Dos Centavos

I was talking about how you can hover over the thread title and read the first few lines. On my iPad and iPhone that box with the first few lines in it gets stuck on the screen and I can't read the next one or two thread titles because they are covered up. I have to go back to the forum home screen then back into the sub section I was reading. It's not a big deal I was just curious if I missed the option to turn it off.

Spedly said:
I was talking about how you can hover over the thread title and read the first few lines. On my iPad and iPhone that box with the first few lines in it gets stuck on the screen and I can't read the next one or two thread titles because they are covered up. I have to go back to the forum home screen then back into the sub section I was reading. It's not a big deal I was just curious if I missed the option to turn it off.

I noticed the exact same thing happening to me in another forum, but have not seen it happen here. As you say, it can become very irritating. Sorry, but I have no idea about what would cause that to happen.

Johnny said:
I kind of like it the way it is...... (but, I am using a laptop - not a smart phone).
put your cursor over the thread topic and read the first few lines.
put your cursor over the last post and do the same
without opening and closing the thread itself.
Other forums have the same program. this may be a default
built into the website and is not managable.

jus my Dos Centavos

I had no idea that it would work with the last post. That is pretty cool. Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts