Smallish air boat? Ever seen one with a prop 30-36" diameter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyboat

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Was diving on the highway today when in the oncoming direction I spot a small tinner being tow my way. As it passes me I look in my side view to glimpse the power on back. To my surprise there is a round cage about 30"-3" in diameter sitting there on what looks like a mud motor mount.

I've never seen an airboat with a set of blades that small but can't figure out what other form of propulsion it could have been.

Anyone have a guess or answer for me? I only saw it for a second, the boat itself looked most like a 12' narrow beam jon boat.

There was a 10 footer with a 13hp motor on my local Craigslist yesterday. Not there now so somebody bought it!

BillPlayfoot said:
Did it look like this?
No was a regular jon boat with what looked like a fan mounted the way a mud motor would be mounted. Fan did have a small cage around it.

Thanks for the link Stinkfoot, will check it out.

You might do a search for Bow fishing for carp and buffalo fish. Just watched a sports fishing program, featuring 16-18 ft jon-boats with outboard, a trolling, and a small air-boat engines on them. Some just had the air-boat rigs. No high seating like Everglades motors.

Makes sense, they go in really shallow weedy water for the spawn to shoot their fish, and a smaller, properly regulated air boat motor lets them get in low-water spawning water.

They looked like it was nothing special to them, so they may be commercially available.

Best of luck.

Latest posts