I am posting a lot on here. There is a reason...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Some might have noticed that I have become a bit of a chatterbox lately. Not that I am usually shy.....but.......!

Well, I am pretty much grounded. The internet and boating sites ( I am on 4 or 5 ) are my total entertainment these days.

My left knee went out in just 6 months. Last October the X-rays looked like I'd get another couple of years out of my old bones. At age 77, that is a good thing. A new Knee will be installed on July 13, back in Houston.

That means that I get to leave this wonderful Tennesee weather that I spent all that money on... for our second (summer) house. After 5 or 6 weeks in Hot, Hot, Hot Houston, my Physical Therapy should be far enough along that I can haul butt back to the cool, cool, mountains.

Just wanted to apologize for chatting it up so much lately.

richg99

A friend JUST posted this on Facebook. Oh well, we do have air-conditioning at the old homestead!

19399781_1449390351771609_6598553303620988668_n.jpg

Hey, without the humidity it would be like an oven...dry heat. Ha Ha

It is 95 degrees there now, but FEELS LIKE 103 degrees. And, the humidity, at this time of the day is only 44 %. In the mornings, it is often 90%.

Ain't that grand?? I've been retired now for 18 years. I have NEVER spent a Summer in Texas. Now you know why.

richg99

Yeah, that is hot. We are having a little heat wave out here in the west. Had a couple of 100+ days and a couple more coming up. But our humidity is 20% to 30% which makes it a little easier to bear. I can take the heat (sort of) but can't take humidity.

I think this is a great forum. Only happens because people "chat it up". Haha.

There is another forum I joined that is focused on my local area. I found the people so nasty that I quit going there.

My shady porch this afternoon and it's getting hotter.
It makes your head pound in five minutes. Thats your warning.

34ys6x3.jpg

Hey Rich, glad the knee can be fixed. maybe you could get them to put a secret message in the new knee, so that archeologists two thousand years from now could publish learned papers on what "Kix are for kids" really means.

Hang in, hydrate, be nice to those who have to endure your enforced confinement with you.

Best wishes.

Understand completely.
I work outdoors.
I have family in New Mexico and Texas and have spent bunches of time in both areas.
I'd take their 95 over ours any day of the week.
100% humidity will weaken the soul.

Edit:
I have a newborn and work a lot or I'd chat it up more. I don't talk much, but when it comes to a boat or fishing, I'm all ears.
Keep the info coming is my suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Rich. sorry to hear about the knee but glad you are getting it fixed. I hope you recover quickly! That heat it brutal!
I'm having a shoulder repaired in September. I purposely waited until then so I could get a few more casts in while it's still summer! Glad to be getting it fixed but not thrilled with the recovery needed.

Yeah, my doc said "stay in TN until the Fall, then come home and we will do it".

I said "nonsense". " I am not walking around with a cane, not fishing, not golfing, not hiking for 4 1/2 months and THEN having the operation.

At age 77, I don't have too many Summers to waste."

So, July 13 I'll have it done. I expect to be back in TN no later than Aug 13.

richg99

The hell with that! Move up north where neither nature nor critters are trying to kill you!

Sorry to hear you're going through all that Rich - but better you have majorly invasive surgery now than be told down the line your health has changed and you're too high a risk for a knee replacement as what happened with my grandfather.

Good luck with the heat - I'll take a snow day over 100 degrees every time.

My mum is 81. Had knee and hip replacement and cataract surgery in both eyes. Still smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish! Doesn't wear glasses anymore though....

May you heal quickly rich and get back on the water....:) That lady must be a Saint....j/k......:)

My wife had both knees done (6 weeks apart) two years ago, then just recently her right hip replaced on June 5th.
The hip was a piece of cake, she was out driving again just 8 days later.
I hope shes good to go now. :)

My advice would be to do all your physical therapy so you regain complete
range of movement of that knee. It may hurt or have stiffness at first, but you will get better.
Good luck.
-jasper

Yeah, they say the hips are easier to recover from than the knees. This is my second knee so I know the Physical Therapy motto...
"Pain is your friend". Ha Ha

It hurts enough now every day that I am looking forward to getting it done. If I was in charge of the scheduling, I'd already be done and into PT.

regards, richg99

richg99 said:
Yeah, they say the hips are easier to recover from than the knees. This is my second knee so I know the Physical Therapy motto...
"Pain is your friend". Ha Ha

It hurts enough now every day that I am looking forward to getting it done. If I was in charge of the scheduling, I'd already be done and into PT.

regards, richg99

Yea, I understand. You'll think you would get the VIP treatment for being a repeat customer. :)
My wife's doctor does surgeries only on Mondays so he's booked-up for weeks.

Latest posts