Swamp Shark surface drive

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpalump

Reaction score
Cool new boat.

[youtube]ialMIfrANrA[/youtube]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ialMIfrANrA

As one of my buddies posted when I shared this on our fishing forum, "Why just enjoy nature, when you can totally kick its ***"

As the resident wet blanket, I'll just suggest that by the time that guy gets through there won't be anything left to go out and enjoy. Boat-1, Nature-0

Although they may look like watery wastelands, mangroves and wetlands are vital places for wildlife and preservation of shoreline. Louisiana is currently losing vast amounts of shoreline due to damage caused by human activities, with some estimates claiming wetland losses equivalent to up to 30 football fields per day.

For the past several months I've been reading about the history of the Gulf of Mexico. Those of you local to the Gulf should be raising holy hell because of the degradation caused by oil extraction and the Corps of Engineers so-called improvements to waterways. The guy in the video is only adding to the problem as he tear-asses around leaving a wake of ground up wetland in his path.

bobberboy said:
As the resident wet blanket, I'll just suggest that by the time that guy gets through there won't be anything left to go out and enjoy. Boat-1, Nature-0

Although they may look like watery wastelands, mangroves and wetlands are vital places for wildlife and preservation of shoreline. Louisiana is currently losing vast amounts of shoreline due to damage caused by human activities, with some estimates claiming wetland losses equivalent to up to 30 football fields per day.

For the past several months I've been reading about the history of the Gulf of Mexico. Those of you local to the Gulf should be raising holy hell because of the degradation caused by oil extraction and the Corps of Engineers so-called improvements to waterways. The guy in the video is only adding to the problem as he tear-asses around leaving a wake of ground up wetland in his path.

You Party Pooper! :D

I don't see how anybody can watch it and not think the same thing but according to the "internet" they were running thru invasive Japaneese water plants. One plant can cover one acre in a year. It's like Kudsue or whatever that stuff was growing all over Georgia. I cleared a few paths every year in the Mullica River NJ thru Lilly pads but I bet today that would put a guy in prison.

Edit: Another company invented the tracked wheel chair so young busted up vets and wheelchair bound folks could hit the trails. Their promo vid showed them muddling and power sliding wet grass and such. Big mistake. Parks counties and cities banned them before they hit the market for environmental destruction. They creeped back into production thanks to folks like Bill O'reily that suporter them for vets.

I bet a "SJX" boat would hold up to any abuse that drive system could put out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpR926L_f3I

Would be fun to run boats like that, as long as I didn't have to do the maintenance on them.

reminds me of airboating but a lot more damaging to the flora, however, it seems like a really fun boat to haul a$$ in. I wonder how many snakes, big spiders and wasp nests he picked up filming that piece?? (aggh, I hate spiders)

twu43y.jpg

Latest posts