It's been a while

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbug

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a while and I figured I would see who is still around and give an update on what I have been doing
this may be very depressing
first I haven't fished in 2 years and counting I had severe back problems that led to surgery this past February on my L5S1 about 90% of the pain is now gone but I am still having issues with mobility and strength. Being immobile for a year and a half will cause that.
I started back to work on Thursday on restricted duty and am hurting like hell. I am not sure when if I will return to full duty or not I cant lift my leg high enough to climb ladders.
my wife and I still went on our vacation to our cabin in Marion Illinois for our 2 weeks she spent the time fishing while I spent hours watching BBQ shows lol
I am hooked on cooking in the smoker my favorite is prime rib.
We also bought 10.5 acres that sites on a private lake 150 acres loaded with fish . our plan is to build our retirement home and fish. I cant wait
I hope to be able to fish again soon and to catch up with old friends here and make some new friends

Welcome Back, Redbug. Sorry to hear about your back and other issues. As far as feeling OK after starting back to work, the shock would be if you DID feel fine.

As you know better than any of us, 1 1/2 years away from your normal physical activity can be a killer. It will take you weeks to feel normal again at work, I'd think.

Heck, I was out of action for a mere 6 weeks due to a new knee. I don't have anywhere near the energy that I had prior to the downtime. Every day, I feel a little bit better, but it isn't happening fast. My wife suggested I go to the swimming pool and just walk in the water for a half hour every day to build up some endurance. She is almost always right in these matters.

You ultimate retirement home on that lake sounds like the thing of dreams for many of us. Get well, Get fishing, get going!

regards, and get well soon... richg99

Latest posts