Posting/Attaching Photos

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I am seeing a lot of my photo attachments post sideways or upside-down. Obviously this same thing is happening to others.

1) Is there a way to avoid this?
2) Is there a way to fix it after it is posted?

Drives me nuts -- any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have seen some speculation that large picture sizes ie resolutions may be the cause. I have never had the problem. If you are using pictures from your phone, there are apps to reduce the picture size.
Search for reduce image in your app store.

If you are attaching pictures uploaded to your pc from a digital camera, do a search for free image reducers programs. I have one on my pc that is easy to use. I can provide the name if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

LDUBS, I have found it to be related to size of picture. When I first started to post they would be upside down. I then took the pics and started to reduce the size of them down a little at a time till they showed correctly. It has been a while since I posted any pics so I can't say what size worked for me, sorry. But it shouldn't take long to figure out. I would adjust the size of the pic, come back here and make the post and then hit preview and it will show you what the post would look like before actually Submitting it. If the picture still didn't show correctly I would adjust the size again and then re-do the post and hit preview till it did show correctly. Then I would Submit the post and all would be good.....:)

I have that problem consistantly when I try to post pictures taken on my phone....especially when I used to use an I-phone.

My standard procedure now is to open the picture on my computer and make sure I rotate it correctly and save as a reduced size .jpg. Works every time.

I use IRFanView as my software for converting pictures. It is free and has tons of plugins that can be added for other picture formats and such.

https://www.irfanview.com/

Rob

This is going to be an easy fix it seems. Thanks everyone for the guidance.

Schukster -- Thanks for the offer. I'll try to use my macbook's built-in image resizer. Hopefully that will do the job.

Latest posts