Haven't been able to get to my boat or had time to fish...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
Because I've been doing a massive master bathroom project!

I refinanced my house in July and got about $10k in Equity out.

The upstairs of my house is only partially the size of the downstairs. Its just 2 rooms, you walk up the stairs into one room, then walk through a door into the master bedroom. Its a 110 year old house and only has 1 bathroom. With just me and 3 girls in the house....I'd like to poop in peace for a change.

So....

First thing we did was install a mini-split AC unit, because I'm sick of a window AC.

273kR4Z.jpg

rMFPA8r.jpg

Its 12,000 BTU. Cost me $700 on amazon. My contractor actually installed it for free, because I was willing to wait a week to kick off the bathroom project while he finished up another job. Took me and him about 4 hours to install.

For the bathroom, we had 2 closets, one in each room, that were back to back. The one in our bedroom was too narrow to even hang clothes in.

Knocked that out

LSzN4GB.jpg

LMGEIxg.jpg

Framed in the bathroom

MBgLBCI.jpg

You can see my boat somewhere under all the materials piled up in my garage

PTsB9EQ.jpg

Last Friday my contractor no-showed. Turns out he'd twisted his back real bad, fell to the ground, and crushed his phone.

Saturday morning he texted me and explained. Asked me to go ahead and buy some drywall and take it off the bill, and get rockboard down

lAxfG1b.jpg

I'm getting about a $15,000 bathroom for about $8,000 because I'm doing a lot of the labor. Its been fun, plus my contractor guy is super nice and is just thrilled to have someone to teach how to do stuff. He's shown me all kinds of cool tricks.

He also gave me a 100 amp breaker box to replace the ancient 100 amp fused sub panel I had in my garage.

29AEygZ.jpg

And tossed in enough wire and a box that I was able to put a 30 amp hookup for my camper in the backyard!

b0o4UPR.png

Today we cut the floor tile

Here's me on the porch roof cutting tile.

71zx0wB.jpg

Super happy with how it came out

dbEcFDn.jpg

m3Vxj6L.jpg

Tomorrow we mortar it in place and install the heated floor kit.

I'm HOPING to be done by the 30th, because thats what deer season starts here in Ohio.

This bad boy keeps showing up on my trail cams

oHLCywB.png

And I'd love to get some sauger fishing in before its too cold.

I spent a lot of August helping my daughter get some stuff done at her new house. It really did cut into my fishing time. I'm trying to make up for it now.

Looks fantastic. You are going to love having that new bathroom. I hate doing tile, or to be more precise, I hate doing the grouting.

No home projects here to speak of but no fishing either. The storm passing through forced the water management folks to dump a LOT of water from the system, and what's left is low and filthy. Well, I just have to wait for some rain to clear and fill it up, in the meantime I may try my luck with spinners like I did for trout when the water was dirty.

Latest posts