Can't stand them

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Was going fishen later saturday evening and came around a corner on the back road, saw a man standing back by his truck that looked surprized to see me, he hastily made his way back to his cab, as I passed him he had a old dirty mattress in the bed of his truck and he looked at me like he was pissed that I was there?

so I went down the road and pulled over in a spot I know, He never came by(smart) so I pulled out and headed back, I did a couple of turns and found him going down the road going a little slow. so I followed along, we drove around I'd say 45 minutes, Well I'm convinced he was wanting to dump the mattress and I spoiled his timming, I took down his liscence plate number and kept it, if I do see a mattress on the road later on, the cops will get the info first.

Man I can't stand these people who does this, first they're too cheap to go to a dump, and they have no love for the land. this is another reason why its getting harder to find a place to hunt and fish on anymore :evil:

I know we all ain't perfect, I've had trash paper fly out the back of my pick up but, to bluntly dump tires and mattress's and beds and such is uncool :x

Thats :BS: , good thing you took his license plate down, people like that, make it harder for people like us...

Good job on ruining the guy's attempt at dumping the mattress!
thumbsup_smilie.gif

:beer: Well done! I'm not a tree hugging hippie but man that pisses me off to no end when people think the entire world is their dumping ground. :evil:

On a side note I witnessed the exact opposite thing yesterday. I went boogie boarding yesterday evening and as I was headed back to the truck someone else was also leaving the beach walking ahead of me. If I see rubbish along my walk back I always pick it up and put it in the trash since all of the little wooden walk ways going down to the beach have a can right there. Well as i'm walking i see some plastic junk and the guy in front of me picks it up before I had the chance to. What a nice surprise. The best part is the guys car tag was from SC so even so he wasn't even a local.

The moral of the story is there are 2 types of people. Those who always try to leave places better off than when they came there and those who think the world is their personal dumping ground.

I didn't want to totally over react, (been burned there befor) you know he could always been trying to take a leak :lol:

well I guess I still got his plate number :roll:

I was on a 3 day backpcking trrip in GA few years ago. A member of the group was having knee problems , so a couple of us road walked 9 miles to short cut the last day and get a car back to him. After a mile of gravel, we started noticing trash, then junk, then fridges, dryers and tires. We were walking along a nice road side creek for a mile then all that crap. Went on for 2 miles. Finally we got to the end of the gravel road, junction with ppaved highway, and across the street from the DUMP. Just sick.

How about leaving the bottom of Linville Gorge in NC. As the nasty steep climb out started, we found a lazy *** propain dump. No joking, this pile of 1 lb propain tanks was 8ft wide and 3-4ft deep. Everyone of our 6 person group carried out atleast 5 each, some more. Never made a dent in the pile.

I see this stuff all the time - there is a local lake that also seems to serve as the town dump, all kinds of junk thrown around. I picked up a few miles of fishing line one day - I always pick up old line left by slobs after seeing (twice) birds tangled and dying in someone's old line. One was a pretty Kingfisher :cry:

On a positive note, I noticed last month that people are now scavenging the dump sites for metal - they even took a fridge out of the lake (right now a full size fridge will get you $25-$30 at the scrap yard

Latest posts