Unexpected storm related problems

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rumblejohn

Reaction score
Had a large oak tree go over on my house, good bit of damage to the roof. When the tree blew over, it destroyed about 25ft of driveway, blocking my boat in the carport. I should get that repaired in the next few days, but the St. Johns river is still at flood stage, and no place close to launch. Even though I still have a blue roof, I want to go fishing.
I am not really whining about this, others are in much worse shape than I, but it will nice when things are back to normal.
The spousal unit and I are going to spend Thanksgiving with number two son and family on the gulf coast, and number two grand-daughter is getting married that weekend in the same general area, and I turned 70 this weekend, so life is good.
I hope everyone else is doing well after the storm.

John

When you think of the worse places that the tree could have landed...sounds like you are one lucky guy.

At 70, you still have many years to enjoy fishing. The river WILL go down and fishing will be better than ever.

richg99 said:
When you think of the worse places that the tree could have landed...sounds like you are one lucky guy.

At 70, you still have many years to enjoy fishing. The river WILL go down and fishing will be better than ever.

Thanks Rich, sometimes I need to be reminded of that.

I'm headed down there on Friday. Didn't know it was that bad. Good luck!

Just in case anyone does this, be aware that when you put Weed 'n' Feed on your lawn you are also killing any trees that happen to grow there. If you must do this avoid broadcasting it underneath the dripline of the tree.

Latest posts