Happy Thanksgiving

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
I never knew this about Turkey Skin. Is this real (Turkey skin?)
I don't have a dog, but one of our guests each year inevitably brings their dog. I usually end up tossing them some scraps, so, I looked it up.

Basically, it seems that they don't recommend that dogs eat turkey skin for 2 reasons. 1. Spices can upset your dog's stomach. I use garlic on the outside of my turkey, so I could see that being an issue. 2. The fat is apparently not good for dogs. They say dogs can develop pancreatitis from fat, which I highly doubt would occur from a bit of turkey skin. Balanced dog food is 10 to 15 percent fat. Turkey skin is about 40 percent fat.

comparing all my past loved animals, this would be their consensus:

they love turkey, bones, skin, drippings and gravy
they love dressing with giblet gravy
they do not like onions, mushrooms, sage, cranberries, raisins, grapes or prunes
one ate the mop head off of my BBQ baster..... so I know that string will pass right through their system (and no, I did not reuse it).
they turn their noses up at bread dough
they will, however, eat raw and cooked stuffing mix (preferably with giblets in it)
chocolate will make them puke
alcohol will make them drunk
if you put rubbing alcohol on a cats mouth, they will slobber profusely for days and days (funny to watch).

and that's my take on that there !!

Latest posts