I'm looking for suggestions on where to go on a fishing trip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
I want to take my dad on another fishing trip. Year before last we went to Kentucky Lake, in Eastern Kentucky.

Last year we spent a week at Lake Cumberland fishing for trout in the Cumberland River and did a striper fishing charter in the lake.

wKhsFoX.jpg

I want to do something fun again this year. My wife has a babysitting gig, so she has a little money to herself now, so we agreed if I went somewhere for a few days, she can do the same.

We live near Cincinnati, Ohio, and I'd like to stay within 6-8 hours drive time, if possible. Also, my dad has had a few DUIs but has since cleaned his act up, but I don't think we could get him into Canada.

I'm thinking a spring Walleye trip? Any good suggestions on where? We can either take my 14' boat, or rent something there.

My dad really wants to go to
https://www.bluebankresort.com/fishing-packages

Blue Bank Resort on Reelfoot lake, but my Grandpa says he's been there and the lake is full of stumps and just a huge pain in the *** to navigate, plus its only good for crappies.

I think I have him talked into a northern bound trip for Walleye, but I'm not sure where to go. Any good suggestions in Michigan or thereabouts?

Thanks!

If you want a Walleye destination that is a lot closer, you could do Deep Creek Lake in Maryland. There’s also a lot of trout water in that area and a good bass fishery if you want some variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaFaring said:
If you want a Walleye destination that is a lot closer, you could do Deep Creek Lake in Maryland. There’s also a lot of trout water in that area and a good bass fishery if you want some variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. Never heard of that, I'll look into it.

Wow, you are in Ohio and you want walleye.... Think about that, I seem to remember a small pond north of you near port clinton that might have some walleye.
Tim

earl60446 said:
Wow, you are in Ohio and you want walleye.... Think about that, I seem to remember a small pond north of you near port clinton that might have some walleye.
Tim
hahaha. Problem with that is, you have to go miles off shore to get anything decent, and I can't do that in my 14' tinboat.

Not so much a walleye destination but meets your distance criteria and could get you back into the inland stripers... Smith Mountain Lake, VA

Latest posts