Just got back...PICS ADDED 8/15/08

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACarbone624

Reaction score
We left Monday morning a 5am to head up to PA for some camping fun and shopping. Went to Cabelas in Hamburg which was nearby. I was there last year and it was very nice just as before. Not too long after we were in the store, and storm came through and knocked out the electric. :shock: #-o Only dark for maybe 10 seconds and then the backup generator kicked in. The day was saved!

Tuesday we went to BassPro in Harrisburg....man that place was HUGE. There was so much fishing stuff. They had to have every style and color of every lure on the market. I was great!

Got back a few hours ago. Man am I tired....and my wallet is quite empty too. :?

Oh well, we had a good time! :D

I bought...

CABELAS
Garmin eTrex H
Cabelas Whuppin Stick Spinning Combo 6' Medium Action
Cabelas Brand Lures - Shallow running square bill, June frog, Crawdigger
101 piece treble hook kit with split ring pliers
Cabelas L.E.D. Flashlight
Hat
Shirts

BASS PRO
Hat
Shirts
These awesome insulated mugs
Plano boxes they had on sale
L.E.D. head lamps (good deal for $5)

I think thats everything.

Sooooo Mr.ACarbone tell me which did you prefer Cabelas or BPS? You lucky son-of-a-gun!!! :mrgreen:

Thats a hard choice. Bass Pro had a huge fishing department and a decent aquarium with some animals around it.....Cableas has that massive mountain with all the animals that must be 30ft tall in the center of the store and an aquarium....and has the restuarant/buffet upstairs

They are both great stores with lots and lots of stuff....but I would have to say CABELAS!

I will post up some pics later when I download them from my camera.

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture031.jpg

I read the sign near them. They are about 1 to 2 million years old from around the ice age. They came from Blue Mountain to the north (We hiked up this one). The area of rocks is about 500ft wide and 1 mile long. They were forced down the hill from all the freezing and thawing. The sign also said they haven't moved in a long time and that we would probably have to have another ice age for that to happen. Pretty neat!

:shock: Those are some great pics! That place looks awesome. We have a BPS here in East TN now but it's nothing compared to that!

The one I went to in Harrisburg PA has the Tracker Boat center built into it. Its a really big store.

Nice pics Anth, gotta love the camping scene, Oh, a REAL man would have made that stone hike in bare feet(LOL :mrgreen: )

I can't imagine that....My legs are still sore from that mile hike up the mountain. Our camp was at 750ft elevation....and when we stopped near the top, the GPS said 1,450ft. Coming down was real fun....it was a constant trying to NOT bust your a$$ the whole was down.

Latest posts