PLEASE READ - Anti Virus Users

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
Anyone getting pop ups when coming here and logging in? Anyones anti-virus going crazy when they come to the site?

I have had 2 complaints now.

Ask for screenshots of the popups. Might help narrow down what's going on.

It is an individual end user problem. The hosting company uses Linux servers and from the users screen shot I got I did some research and it is in fact a piece of spyware that they did click on and inadvertently must of installed.

What a relief.

No pop-ups when logging-on here. I use Norton and recently rec'd an option to down-load the latest upgrade for Norton 2008 as I recall. It does show in the description that pop-up and spam protection are not included in the package.

Jim said:
It is an individual end user problem. The hosting company uses Linux servers and from the users screen shot I got I did some research and it is in fact a piece of spyware that they did click on and inadvertently must of installed.

What a relief.

Good to hear !! :D

I got it a few times last week. I am running MacAfee. Since then, my MacAfee isn't working right. Looking into that tonight. I noticed it more when trying to reach the site from Google, but I think it did it while coming via bookmark too.

Latest posts